Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Please tell me can I use Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8 GB PC ram of 1333 mhz on my Intel® Desktop Board DH55PJ mother board?

Jump to solution

Please tell me can I use Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8 GB PC ram of 1333 mhz on my Intel® Desktop Board DH55PJ mother board?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, you cannot. The first-generation Intel Core processor's memory controller is only capable of supporting 1Gb and 2Gb memory technologies. Using 2Gb memory technology, the largest DIMM size you can get is 4GB. Further, since your board has only a single DIMM socket for each memory channel, you are restricted to a maximum of 8GB of memory.

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, you cannot. The first-generation Intel Core processor's memory controller is only capable of supporting 1Gb and 2Gb memory technologies. Using 2Gb memory technology, the largest DIMM size you can get is 4GB. Further, since your board has only a single DIMM socket for each memory channel, you are restricted to a maximum of 8GB of memory.

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sitabja,

N. Scott Pearson is right, and if you would like to check the memories validated by Intel for this motherboard, you can check it here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000006049.html System Memory for the Intel® Desktop Board DH55PJ

Regards,

Ivan