cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Pressing F2 does not take me to BIOS set-up

Hello! DZ77RE-75K BIOS GA0063

Pressing F2 does not take me to BIOS set-up. Here is what I have tried....

2 different keyboards (in case a keyboard problem)

3 different USB ports on the motherboard.

Holding down the F2 key continuously

Quickly pressing F2 key

I assembled this computer in January 2013 and have repeatedly accessed the BIOS set-up screen.

I have been able to change the BIOS jumper to go into BIOS maintenance mode, but the F2 key

should work and would obviously be much easier!!!

Thanks for any help you can give!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Tom,

What we can recommend to you is to go ahead and update the BIOS to version 0064. You may want to use the F7 method, please ignore step # 5. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030144.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030144.htm

You can also try the installation removing the BIOS jumper and using the BIOS recovery method, instructions are here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

I also recommend you to clear the CMOS, removing the battery for 30 minutes.

Please proceed to test the motherboard with minimal configuration, such as Motherboard, processor, power supply and 1 memory stick.

Regards.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello!

Thanks! I will give this a try as soon as I can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Tom, in addition to that, another good step is to test accessing the BIOS by using the Back To BIOS button on the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Sylvia!

I first tried to update to BIOS version 64 using the Express method. While the messages indicated the update was successful, when I checked the BIOS screens, I am still

on version 63. The F2 key still did not work, so I used the Back to BIOS button.

Next I tried to update the BIOS using the F7 method with the file on a USB. I was able to press F7, locate the file and start the process. However, the computer booted twice

without any other messages. when I checked the BIOS screens, I am still on version 63. The F2 key still did not work, so I used the Back to BIOS button.

I did notice, while working in the BIOS screens, my keyboard did not seem to work. My mouse functioned, however. At one point I needed to press "Y" and could not, so I had

to power down the computer and go back into the BIOS to a place where I could use my mouse.

What do you suggest next?

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

If you are using a USB keyboard, try attaching it to one of the USB 3.0 ports closest to the HDMI port on the back panel. Also, enter BIOS setup using the "back to BIOS" button method and make sure all of the options under the boot tab for optimizations are disabled (not checked).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

continuing from my last...

and make sure that the USB .30 hub presence option is selected (checked) in the USB tab of the Devices and Peripherals section of the BIOS setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello! Changing the keyboard to the USB 3 WORKED!

I am able to access the BIOS by using F2!

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Tom,

I'm glad to know that your system is working now.

0 Kudos