cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FGath
Beginner

Problem with HDMI audio using intel hd 4600 graphics

Hello,

I've got a huge problem regarding my hdmi audio in my intel dq87pg board. The setup is the following:

HTPC -> Displayport to HDMI Adapter -> Onkyo AV Receiver -> TV

OS is Windows 8.1, Graphic drivers etc. are the latest.

if the TV and the AV Receiver is on when I start the HTPC, everything works fine. But if it is switched off while booting, the computer does not find any hdmi audio device when the receiver is turned on later. The same happens when av receiver is on during boot and the sound works and I restart the AV reveiver or replug the cable in between.

I've tried nearly everything, different drivers, reinstall windows etc, but nothing helps. Does anyone have a solution?

Many regards

Florian

0 Kudos
300 Replies
CWinf1
Novice

I'll second this problem.

I use my PC as a HTPC which goes to sleep every night, but when it wakes up there is no audio. I noticed that the audio also disappears if the HDMI cable is unplugged then replugged.

When audio goes hardware devices shows a yellow exclamation mark by the audio driver.

Any ideas appreciated.

JLars6
Beginner

HTPC - HDMI to LG TV

When i turn off my TV the sound is gone, but if i restart my HTPC the HDMI sound is back until next time i turn off my TV.

Jesper

DArce
Valued Contributor III

In this particular case, what happens when the AV receiver is not being used, so there is just a direct connection between the motherboard and the TV?

Keep in mind that with direct connection I also mean that no adapter or converter is being used, so the cable has the same type in both ends.

JLars6
Beginner

Hi Diego

I don´t use any AV reciever, only HTPC to TV with HDMI cable and when i turn off, only the TV, the Intel Display Audio disappears from playback devices and I have to restart win 8.1 to get the sound back.

VOstr1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

I have the same problem.

PC ( MB on H87 chipset + Core i5 4570 + win 8.1 ) - HDMI to LG TV.

All drivers up to date.

Vadim

DArce
Valued Contributor III

I have just tested this with a fresh install of Windows* 8.1 using 3316 drivers and an Intel(R) Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K with Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and a ViewSonic Display the HDMI and tested switch sources, coming from sleep, turning the monitor on and off, and tried unplugging and plugging back the display and the audio keeps working normally.

Those having issues when using the TV directly connected, are you seeing any conflicts on Device Manager? Is this an upgrade or a fresh operating system install?

FGath
Beginner

Hi,

i'm sorry but I cannot connect my Samsung tv directly as the dq87pg board has no HDMI output. But the Displayport -> HDMI should be a level shifter only, the rest of the HDMI signal is provided by the board directly, so for the driver it should be the same as for a native and direct HDMI connection. However when the error occurs I see the error for the Audio Device in the device Manager. I have the windows event protocol for this device attached. But as a matter of fact, this event log does not add an error if the device is not working correctly. The errors happened after I tried to remove and ad the device again with the hope to repair it in such a way.

The error occured instantly in a fresh Windows 8.1 install without any windows Updates, just the current Intel drivers. The current windows updates don't change anything also :-/ Intel Display Driver Version is 3316, but the HD Audio driver seems to come from Microsoft.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please try the driver posted here:

X32:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/a08/Win... Download Center

X64: /thread/46129 Download Center

For this driver install follow the instructions on the following article to load the driver manually:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers | How to manually install a driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

CWinf1
Novice

Hi there,

These are the drivers that are currently installed on my system - I went through the manual process and Device manager said that my driver software is up to date.

FGath
Beginner

Hi,

these are exactly the drivers which are currently installed on my computer.

RGues
Beginner

Diego,

the likely reason you can't replicate it is because you are using a monitor. We are all using a tv, and most likely one that has HDMI-CEC. some sort of signal is being passed from the tv to the pc that is resulting in the intel audio being disabled. I am on a fresh install of Windows 8.1 (64). This wasn't an issue with my old htpc that had video and audio running properly over HDMI via the Radeon HD 4330.

FGath
Beginner

Hi Reytron,

I don't think it's an issue with CEC, as i've disabled CEC on all my devices. This must be a problem of the EDID being ignored by the driver after the first initalization. A solution might be a device like the Gefen HDMI detective, but its much too expensive. Hope Intel finds a solution for this, otherwise I might have to return this board and buy . something working instead.

JLars6
Beginner

Those drivers didn´t do the job.

I tried to use the hdmi for picture and pc soundcard for sound, via 3.5 jack to TV, but it won´t let me do that, the picture is fine but no sound.

Now I will buy an dvi-d to hdmi adapter to get the sound from the soundcard, not using TV sound. If that don´t work, I will wait for the win 7 intel driver.

RLudl
Beginner

Indeed, HDMI Audio with latest Drivers on Win 8.1. is not working with a TV (Sony).Picture is fine but no sound. Sound does work with an Ilyama monitor and the integrated monitor speakers. I have a Gigabyte B85 HD3 Mainboard.

WThom6
Beginner

Same problem. Driver version 10.18.10.3345 win 7 64bit Denon amplifier and Sony TV.

Mb Asrock H87M-ITX.

RKrau1
Beginner

Same problem here. Windows 8.1, Asus H87I-Plus motherboard, and a Denon AVR. Currently running the latest Intel drivers.

AIstl
Beginner

Had this exact problem with my ASUS h87m-e -> Onkyo AVR -> TV

Only real difference is that I'm using Windows 8.0

Tried everything and then was just going to reinstall OS when I grabbed the asus drivers for intel graphics installed these and suddenly everything was working fine.

The only difference was that I was using the latest intel drivers where the ASUS ones were an older version V9.18.10.3055.

I was a little surprised by this so installed the 15.31.17.3257 and again sound stopped as soon as I either turned off the AVR or TV. Rolled back to older V9.18.10.3055 and all worked again.

FGath
Beginner

I gave it a try and installed the Asus Drivers Shrike used and the audio problem was solved. However DirectX did not work properly after that and I had to return to the newest Intel drivers. This proves that the audio issue is a software problem. I tried to install the audio drivers from the Asus package only but without luck so far.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello all, could you please uninstall the video driver currently installed and install the latest driver in our web site, posted at?

Version 15.33.5.3316 (10.18.10.3316):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Deskt... Download Center

*This version may appear the same as the one you have installed, but keep in mind that the version in your system may be the one provided through Windows* updates, which has an outdated driver for the display audio. so, please uninstall the driver you have and then use the one in our site

Use the manual installation method described on the article below to load that driver:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers | How to manually install a driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

After this is done, check if the issue persists and then generate a dxdiag report again and post it here.

NAlem1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

I followed your instructions, still the same problem as the others here. After reboot everything works fine. Dxdiag.txt for reference.

After turning the AV AMP on and off the sound device disappears. Dxdiag2.txt is the output afterwards