Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Problem with a BIOS upgrade

Bakerson53142
Beginner

I have an old workhorse PC that is running Win7 because the BIOS was not updated.  I found the update and ran it.  I got a message about a driver being unsigned. The offending file is FlexBIOS Invoker NT Driver for x64.  I cannot find the file where the message says it should be (Windows\SysWOW64.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

what is the make and model of your motherboard?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Bakerson53142
Beginner

Attached is a screenshot from CPU-Z.  Let me know if you find any clues as to what is going on.  I did a search of the registry without success.   Thank you in advance.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached a ZIP file containing the various files for the last BIOS release for this board. It contains BIO, EBU executable and release notes.

Because of the age of your BIOS, I recommend that you use the BIOS Recovery method to install this last BIOS. The various methods for flashing the BIOS are documented here: 

Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions

Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Recovery Instructions

While I have included it, I do not recommend using the Windows (EBU) executable. I have seen it corrupt the BIOS and permanently brick the board. 

Hope this helps,

...S

Bakerson53142
Beginner

I read through your instructions and downloaded the zip.  Frankly, I am leery of trying the recommended solution because my hardware skills are rusty.  I will be contacting the local brewhaus to get an estimate of how much they would charge to do this upgrade.  Could I get an estimate of the chances of frying the mb with the easier method?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What BIOS do you have installed currently?