Processor showing as 2.00 instead of 2.66

Jump to solution

Hi There,

Last weak I have brought

Intel Quad 2.66 Q8400 2.66 Ghz Processor 1333

DG41KR as Intel Motherboard

Transcend DDR3 Ram Strick : 2Gb 1333

Zotak NVidea 9400 GT 1 GB Graphic card.

After installing all the components together No issue found but when i right+Click on myComputer Icon and see the properties panel. the processor is showing as 2.00 instead of 2.66. Refer the images. Some times very rarely It show as 2.67 GHz and most of the times it shows as 2.00 GHz

But from Bios and Dxdiag box the processor is showing as is the speed.

Is this an issues on the processor performance?

Because the processor is showing as 2.00 will it mean The performance of the processor is limited to 2.00 GHz instead 2.66 Ghz???

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hi

This is all fine, it is because when the processor is doing little or no work it slows down to save power and reduce heat, and only ramps up to the full speed when it is something to do.

Try this tool: http://www.cpuid.com/index.php it will give you the specification of the processor showing it's full clock speed, and will show you in real time how fast or slow the processor is running. When you do something that means the processor has something to do you will see it speed up.

Regards

Phil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hi

This is all fine, it is because when the processor is doing little or no work it slows down to save power and reduce heat, and only ramps up to the full speed when it is something to do.

Try this tool: http://www.cpuid.com/index.php it will give you the specification of the processor showing it's full clock speed, and will show you in real time how fast or slow the processor is running. When you do something that means the processor has something to do you will see it speed up.

Regards

Phil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks Dude..

With your Info I have tried opening huge applications like entire adobe package so the Processor started showing up as 2.67Ghz..

Thanks for this amazing tool link...

0 Kudos