cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Question About A Intel DG41TY System Board

Hi

My company uses clone desktop computers with Intel system boards. We recently had to replace a DG41TY system board in a desktop computer with the same exact system board that was purchased. On power up there is a beep then a delay and then another beep. This happens all before the computer boots with the hard drive. We have XP Pro instaled and it works fine. There are no conflicts or problems in Device Manager. I even tried installing a different video card and reseating the one memory module but the issue remains. Does anyone know what these beeps mean?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lord
Novice

AlHill
Super User

What is your question?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This beep code indicates that it is having an issue with graphics. This can occur if no add-in graphics card is present and no monitor is connected to at least one of the motherboard's graphics connector(s) or if a problem exists with either the initialization or operation of the add-in graphics card (i.e. a failure signalled by the add-in card's Video OpROM).

Check out this resource for more information: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Beep Codes.

...S