Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Question on D865GLC motherboard.

Can a former Gateway bios BF 86510A.15A.0043.P07.0308011434 be reflashed to a BF86510A.86A.0077.P25.0508040031 standard intel bios? The Intel flash software is looking for the second number group to be 86A, when it sees a 15A here,

it doesn't match what it wants and won't flash it. The board is an intel board, I think it was in a gateway computer and

they used their own bios. I'd like to turn it back into a standard intel bios. Any way to do this ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Re: Question on D865GLC motherboard.

I am sorry to have to tell you that the the BIOS update software will not install a standard BIOS over an OEM Custom BIOS. You can only install updates to this OEM Custom BIOS provided by the OEM (in this case Gateway). If you are running on the latest update that they have made available, that's the best you are going to get.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, All:

jimvance, please refer to the previous post, N.Scott.Pearson provided the correct answer.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for the returning an answer, I'll look at OEM site if still available and see if they

have anything newer. Appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/102476 jimvance, were you able to contact the computer manufacturer? Did they help you?

Let me know what happened.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos