Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11431 Discussions

RAM Memory compatibility

GSerr8
Beginner

I have a desktop pc with intel motherboard and intel processor. The model of the motherboard is DH55TC. The processor model is Intel Core i5 650. I want to increase the amount of ram memory. I buy two Kingstone model (KVR13N9S8 / 4) memories. The new memories are correctly displayed in BIOS, but windows does not start. The PC restarts again and again. Is there something wrong with the memory model? What could I do?

I tried to put only one of the new memories (DDR3, 4gb, 1333) but don't work.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What do these DIMMs look like? Low-profile DIMMs are not supported. That is, you want DIMMs that look like this:

DIMM Normal Profile.jpg

And not like this:

DIMM Low Profile.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson

What do these DIMMs look like? Low-profile DIMMs are not supported. That is, you want DIMMs that look like this:

DIMM Normal Profile.jpg

And not like this:

DIMM Low Profile.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

GSerr8
Beginner

Hello! First of all thank you very much for responding. As you say the ones I bought are from the low-profile. However in the technical documentation of the motherboard does not clarify that they can not be low-profile.

technical details:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/es/es/ark/products/42408/intel-desktop-board-dh55tc.html

It really is a pity that they do not clarify it, now I cannot return them.

Thank you very much again.

n_scott_pearson

Yea, I was real excited when someone gave me 4x4GB DIMMs, only to find that I could not use them in any of the Intel Desktop Board products (and, as it turned out, I was given them for the exact same reason; they couldn't use them either). I do not remember now what it was about these low-profile DIMMs that was the cause for the incompatibility, I sent off an email to some of the hardware folks I knew in the group way back when; hopefully their memories won't be as foggy as mine...

...S