Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Raid 1 wont rebuild after replacement of one HD

Jump to solution

Good day Community,

I have an Intel DG45ID motherboard with 2 Seagate 1TB HDD's.

I had to replace one HDD and when I now boot up the computer it recognizes both drives but says: "Volume with "Rebuild" status will be rebuilt within the operating system".

When I originally set the RAID up I chose to do it at BIOS level rather than OS level and cannot remember using the Intel Matrix Storage Manager or anything like that. I also cannot find any traces of the software on my computer only supporting my limited memory that I didn't use it originally.

Now I am stuck with the new volume in REBUILD status and can't work out how to restore my RAID. The new volume is also a Seagate 1TB HDD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Vaunull

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Vaunull,

The Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) software must be used for the rebuild operation or creating a new RAID volume from existing data. The RAID BIOS can only be used to create a new volume from scratch or to delete one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Vaunull,

The Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) software must be used for the rebuild operation or creating a new RAID volume from existing data. The RAID BIOS can only be used to create a new volume from scratch or to delete one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos