Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11361 Discussions

Raid 1 wont rebuild after replacement of one HD

VNull
Beginner

Good day Community,

I have an Intel DG45ID motherboard with 2 Seagate 1TB HDD's.

I had to replace one HDD and when I now boot up the computer it recognizes both drives but says: "Volume with "Rebuild" status will be rebuilt within the operating system".

When I originally set the RAID up I chose to do it at BIOS level rather than OS level and cannot remember using the Intel Matrix Storage Manager or anything like that. I also cannot find any traces of the software on my computer only supporting my limited memory that I didn't use it originally.

Now I am stuck with the new volume in REBUILD status and can't work out how to restore my RAID. The new volume is also a Seagate 1TB HDD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Vaunull

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Vaunull,

The Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) software must be used for the rebuild operation or creating a new RAID volume from existing data. The RAID BIOS can only be used to create a new volume from scratch or to delete one.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Vaunull,

The Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) software must be used for the rebuild operation or creating a new RAID volume from existing data. The RAID BIOS can only be used to create a new volume from scratch or to delete one.

View solution in original post