Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Problems

Hello having problems with rams . My motherboard https://intel.ly/31LhTu5

I bought ddr2 800 ram, but when i inserted them properly on my pc there is only 3 point gb something usable memory out of 7gb, i tried all of the solutions i found, but nothing is working. My pc is capable of 32bit and 64 bit os and the funny thing is when i tried to format my pc on 32 bit, that thing happens and my pc is working well but not all memory are usable, but when i format it to 64 bit my pc is taking to long too  boot , probably like an hour before it boot and my pc is so slow when using it then and its not working properly and when i restart it the cycle repeat

Now can someone helps me to fix this problem? any recommendations. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

Right know my memory is only 3gb , 2gb + 1gb ddr2 800

hello, can somebody help me

Tags (1)
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

From what I see, you installed 8GB of memory and then booted using a 32-bit O/S. In this case, you are only ever going to see that part of the memory that appears in the first 4GB of the address space. If you installed a 64-bit O/S, you would see all the the available memory.

Now, there is a 'but', a big 'BUT' - many older boards cannot support more than 4GB of memory. Essentially, when these boards were released, memory was limited to 4GB (2GB was biggest DIMM available) and the BIOS only supported this much. In many cases, the memory initialization code in the BIOS does not know how to handle bigger DIMMs. All I can say is: try to install Windows in 64-bit mode and see if it will work. It may. It may not. You won't know until you try.

...S

thanks,

BUT already tried that, i already knew the 32 bit limation of memory thats why tried to make it 64 bit but this thing happens

when i format it to 64 bit my pc is taking to long too  boot , probably like an hour before it boot and my pc is so slow when using it then and its not working properly and when i restart it the cycle repeat"

I think the only way to fix this is to get new board, your right older board are a bit tricky. 

And also i think this is the main problem >  https://intel.ly/2O7rwer , my board 

• 8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 667 or DDR2 533 DIMMs
  • 4 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 800 DIMMs

already bought more than two ddr2 800 and idk where can i use it for if this is the limitation, 

And also this  is one more thing when i put 2x ddr2 800 (4gb )on 32 bit its laggy and my pc is not working as it should be, and when tried also that on 64 bit taking too long too boot and not working properly,  

so in the end complicated board problems,