Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Response to n.scott.peterson

Was putting the mobi-cam app on the computer so I didn't have to use the phone to see my 2yr old granddaughter in her room, video was sketchy, it said I needed to boost my card, so I went into the boss and changed the auto seeing to PCI slot at either 128, or 256megs and when I restarted the computer it was black, screens wouldn't turn on. And the fan and hard drive haven't made boot up sounds since. Which was about 2 months ago. 

1. Jumper doesn't work

2. Pulled the battery, every cord, all the RAM, let it sit for 2 days, then before I put it back together, I did a wire jumper to pull any remaining power, which there wasn't any.

3. Ordered a 128 PCI card, plugged it in and still nothing

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

It would be best to simply reply to scott in the thread where you are being assisted.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004fsLcuSAE/dg451d-e27729310-bios

Doc

@n.scott.pearson​ 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have no idea what you are trying to say. If English isn't your native language, please response in your native language (we will translate).

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Was putting the mobicam app on the my computer so I didn't have to use my phone to see my two-year-old granddaughter in her room. The video was sketchy on the app. It said I needed to boost my video card, so I went into the BIOS, the advanced tab, video configuration tab then changed the primary video from Auto selection to PCI at either 128 or 256 megabytes.and when I restarted the computer it was black, it would not boot. The computer would not make the beep on the boot up,in the fan was at a low speed instead of its normal boot up speed that was two months ago. 1. Jumper doesn't work at all 2. Pulled the CMOS battery, everycord, all the ram oh, nothing was plugged in to the board, and let it sit for 2 days. And before I plugged anything else back in I did a wire jumper to drain anything else that was left on the board. 3. Ordered 128 megabyte PCI card, put that in and still nothing. it wasn't English it was just in talk to text English.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Which Intel Desktop Board? What BIOS? (if you can remember) What processor? How much memory? What card did you add? Where did you add it (i.e. what slot)?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

DG451D, chipset 82G45, memory? Doesn't matter. The only BIOS a board has. It's a problem with that board. Question is, is do you know what I'm talking about?! Card doesn't matter either. It was a problem BEFORE the card
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yea, I understand. By setting it to PCI, you essentially disabled the onboard graphics support. Now, without an add-in graphics card, you are dead in the water (can't get back into BIOS to reset). You say you put a "128MB PCI card" in; what is this? Can you please give me full part number (not description)?

...S

0 Kudos