cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Right Click on Desktop causes Delay because of igfxsrvc.exe

Hello,

the process igfxsrvc.exe is apparently part of the Intel Common User Interface and in use/started when I perform a right click on the desktop which causes an annoying delay of about 2 seconds while opening the context menu.

What is that process for?

Can I disable it or is there another way to avoid the delay?

Graphics Driver: 15.31.17.64.3257

Motherboard: Intel DQ77KB (processor i3 3220)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
47 Replies
Highlighted

Hello, All:

Just wanted to check if you were able to gather up the information requested above?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I ran your support utility and sent you a link to the results as a direct message Esteban.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your answer dNetGuru , would you please upload or attach the file to your answer? it's difficult to gather up the information with the plain text version of the report

Thanks,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Delta Roh's suggestion helped with my case, the right click now is instant compared to the previous 4s delay, though the message box requesting for admin did not appear, the folder just instantly opened. So instead, I opened the properties option of my local folder then made the sharing of the local folder to the administrator. it worked. thank you all guys.. I was really bothered for quite sometime. my graphics is intel HD 520. thanks a lot to all posters..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nice, worked for me, thou why have context menu when you cant make it the standard way, thou the issue resolves this, its still slower than disabling the context menu via ShellExViewer

i mean i bought a DELL XPS 15 top of the line, and the first thing i notice is that the right click menu is laggy! it aint F***ng okay!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've been running into this for years (literally). I just got a new laptop (Dell Precision 5520) a couple weeks ago and had hoped this issue would go away, but it has not. I'm running Win10 Enterprise with all current drivers. I currently have a 4 monitor hookup for my laptop:

• The built-in display (Intel HD Graphics)
  • External display 1 via HDMI (Intel HD Graphics)
  • External display 2 via DisplayLink USB device
  • External display 3 via DisplayLink USB device

I have noticed two types of similar issues. One is that there is a lag of several seconds when accessing context menus. The other, which happens less frequently, is that accessing context menus seems to be completely broken but only on monitors being driven by Intel HD Graphics. When I'm in the state where context menus simply don't appear for Intel HD Graphics monitors, I can display context menus on monitors which are driven by DisplayLink USB devices.

The workaround I've been using for years, and which continues to work, is to temporarily change the screen resolution of one of the Intel HD Graphics displays. Simply setting it to anything besides 3840x2160 and then changing it back to the original resolution temporarily eliminates the delay issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello. I have the same right-click delay problem with the right mouse button on the desktop. Ten days ago I bought lenovo Legion Y520. The laptop has two view cards .... (the built-in CPU Intel HD 630 and nvidia GTX 1060). I was unpleasantly surprised when I found this delay. I paid $ 1,000 for such a powerful laptop and it was a tedious problem. Before I found this topic, I found that the right-click delay problem is present when I have drivers installed for both video cards (Intel hd 630 and nvidia gtx 1060). When i stop the nvidia driver from device manager the delay problem disappears. I thought the problem came from the driver of Nvidia, but alas, I did not find anything on the internet that connects the Nvidia driver with this nasty problem. But I came across this topic http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-slow-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-10/ http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-slow-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-10/ ,and after I used shexview I found that the problem of slow right click is caused by this process "igfxdtcm module",which is directly related to the visualization of the control panel icon on the Intel card in the context menuafter I turned it off everything was fine. Of course, my attempts have not ended here.I knew it was a temporary decision. I have reinstalled the Intel driver several times. I tried with the official driver from Lenovo, then with the latest intel driver win64_15.60.2.4901, but without success. For now, I've just stopped this process and I'm expecting developers to do the job. I do not understand the inactivity after so many users complain about the same problem.http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-slow-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-10/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

kalufa is right I have the Razer Blade with the same configuration, intel 630 with GTX 1060 and It has the same problem. It's so annoying!!! I have tried everything here on this thread and it still freezes for 1-2s also when I open control panel it has the same problem because of Intel Graphics Settings. Indeed if I disable igfxDTCM Module the right click is fast, but control panel is still the same. If I delete the driver the problem goes away completely , but that is not a solution.

I also have a Lenovo Y700 with intel 530 and Nvidia GTX 960M and the right click is instant, absolutely no delays. Both laptops are running on Windows 10 and both have the same final update from Windows. Also the same software I use is installed on both laptops. It's clearly a driver problem, so Intel, please fix this. It's unacceptable for an i7.

0 Kudos