Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
СКита
Beginner

Security issue DZ87KLT-75K

A security issue DZ87KLT-75K (BIOS ver. 0451, supervisor password installed). In the case of a chassis intrusion event you can access the BIOS by F2 without entering the supervisor password and change various settings including resetting information about chassis intrusion.

Tested on BIOS ver. 0450 and 0451.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello FelixV,

Thanks for the information provided.

I have reproduced this problem from my side with the same model and using both BIOS versions so at this point this has been escalated to development team for its investigation.

I regret to say there is no ETA for the BIOS version that contains the fix but we are working now on it.

Thanks again for sharing this information. I will provide updates as soon as possible.

Kevin M

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the delay. We are still working but this will be fixed soon. I have no ETA yet but this is very important matter and has been taken in consideration.

Kevin M

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello FelixV,

Can you please try the latest BIOS update for this board? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23977 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23977

Let me know how it goes!

Kevin M

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please confirm if the BIOS update fixed the issue? All feedback is very important and we appreciate your help.

Kevin M

СКита
Beginner

Hello Kevin,

After more than a year, issue not solved. BIOS ver.0452 and 0453 - the problem exists in the same form. BIOS ver.0457 problem not only remains but has worsened. In latest ver.0457 after the events of chassis intrusion, you can access the BIOS by F2 without a password, edit and save any setting except Clear Event log. As a result, every time you boot, you can see warning chassis intrusion and it is impossible to access the BIOS with password, always comes without the password.

СКита
Beginner

Sorry for the incorrect information. In my case, the problem with the cleaning of the event log - is not completely closed housing cover. However, the issue with BIOS version 0457 does not differ from the previous versions - during the event message of chassis intrusion on you screen, you can access the BIOS by F2 without a password and change any settings.