Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

So after turning on UEFI settings in the BIOS of my DP67BG mobo, to reinstall windows as i am upgrading my computer. after a reboot it now has error code E6?

it does not get past the bios splash screen and will not enter BIOS settings with F2.

I have cleared the CMOS, at least ive tried. i removed everything from the bored and removed the CMOS battery and let set over night. as was suggested.

i have the recovery BIOS on a flash drive and the jumper removed but it just sits at an intel splashscreen with 5A in the bottom right with E6 still on the motherboard code readout.

no hhd\ssd are connected

only power, ram, cpu, gpu and fans are connected.

i72700k

16gb ram

DP67BG motherboard no internal video output/requires dedicated graphics.

Any help would be very appreciated, i've been down a computer for a week now.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

E6 is "Started connecting drivers".

Go with a minmal configuration. By that, I mean unplug everything, internal and external, that you do not need. Keep the WIRED keyboard and mouse, the boot drive.and graphics card. Try to boot.

Also, what bios do you have? What video card do you have? Do you have another video card you can test with?

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've tried the minimum. I just need to know why uefi boot options enabled would cause the bios to not boot. It's as if the "driver missing" was just l eft out of the bios. I've done everything you have suggested. The graphics card works in another motherboard. R9390x I just want to restore the board back to legacy settings. I put the windows boot disk in to reinstall windows, it loaded to the select disk part and I formated the original boot disk and then selected it to install Windows. But it had an error stating uefi settings were disabled and to enable it to use this installation media. So I turned it on in the bios. And hit f10 as it booted it just boots to the bios splash screen. And never continues stuck on error e6. Even resetting the CMOS didn't work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

My standard response to this situation is that the UEFI driver in the card's OpROM is simply not compatible with the board's BIOS - or one wasn't supplied (actually, this is the more-likely reason).

Have you tried moving the (yellow) BIOS Configuration jumper from the 1-2 pins to the 2-3 pins and then powering on?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

yes, it gets to the bois splash screen everytime i just cant get to the settings to turn uefi off. the board has an led that is flashing rapidly on the "opt rom init" indicator. 1-2 is the splash screen with no f2 option, 2-3 is the same thing but lists the options but if i hit any of the keys it just makes a beep.

and with it removed to perform a recovery it just sets on a blue and with intel splash screen and gives me code c1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, POST Code 0xC1 is an indication that it's having a problem during Boot Device Selection phase. This doesn't make sense, of course, we know that the issue is something to do with the Video BIOS initialization.

What you are seeing is what I would expect (but was hoping wouldn't occur) when the jumper is moved. I am not sure what to say. You may need to find another graphics card to use to get around this.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos