cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manfred
Novice

Suche Donwloadmöglichkeit für BEH6110H.86A.0041 BIOS

Jump to solution

Ich suche für mein Mainboard die Downloadmöglichkeit des aktuellen BIOS BEH6110H.86A.0041 
Ich habe nur die Meldung gefunden, alle BIOS Downloads wurden entfernt.
Mein Board:  DH61CR

1 Solution
Manfred
Novice

now i was successful.
a nice ebay user sent me the appropriate "iflash2.exe".
with that I could flush the 41 as well as the 99.
the 120 didn't work with iflash - but with (without) the jellow jumper.
summarized:
28, 34, 35 with F7
41, 48, 99 with iflash
120 with (without (yellow jumper)
now i have a fine motherboard !!
thanks especially to ".S"

View solution in original post

73 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest bios is 0120.  Here are the release notes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191120145814/https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_Releas...

And, I have attached bios 0120 for you.

Manfred
Novice

thank you very much.
do you know, can I direct jump from bios ver 0020 to 0120?
or must I flash an older version before?

Tags (1)
AlHill
Super User

There may be a couple of jumps required.  Or, the bios recovery method may work.  Problem is, it is difficult finding the interim bios files needed.

Before you start, let's hear from @n_scott_pearson 

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You are correct; multiple BIOS updates must be performed. You must update to BIOS 48, then BIOS 99 and then BIOS 120. I have attached a ZIP file that provides all three of these BIO files as well as the Release Notes. The Release Notes explain the process for performing the update, but I recommend using the BIOS Recovery process for all three update operations.

For information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery. See the section after these instructions; it describes how to use these instructions for the set of BIOS files you need to install.

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller (the smaller the better) USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives (most are not compatible). It is also best if you use a flash drive that has an access LED that you can watch.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged onto; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Now, you have to do three update operations. Here is the process for this:

1. Perform Steps 1 - 22, using BE0048.BIO at Step 6.
  2. On USB flash drive, delete BE0048.BIO and add BE0099.BIO
  3. Perform Steps 7 - 22.
  4. On USB flash drive, delete BE0099.BIO and add BE0120.BIO
  5. Perform Steps 6 - 26.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson

Oops, ZIP file didn't go. Here it is...

...S

Manfred
Novice

thank you very much.
according to the documentation the bios version 0041 should be sufficient - or?
then i do not need to go through all the steps.
i will go to work next weekend.
thanks again for the help.

n_scott_pearson

Sufficient for what? There are a lot of bug and compatibility fixes and new features in the subsequent BIOS releases. I think it well worth the effort of updating all the way to 120.

...S

Manfred
Novice

I tried now to update the bios - with bios recovery -  but...
currently is version BEH6110H.86A.0023
i follow the descripton in the .rtf file.... format a stick... copy 0048.bio... an remove the yellow jumper...
result: is does nothing... no screen, only the usb stick flash at the power on... 
i wait 5 minutes, 15 minutes, i unplugged all others (disk, ...) ...retry... nothing.
i try an another stick ...old 2GB for my kathi, no screen...   no activity...
with the yello jumper ... it show always 86A.0023
a "little bit" frustrating...
thanks in advance for any help.

PS: are there for the versions 48,99,120 maybe the .exe files to download - so I can try another method (iflash/express)?

Manfred
Novice

Addendum: when I try to flash with F7, the bios can read the USB stick, I can select the .BIO file, but the message that .023 appears. no F7 flash supported. the stick is ok, i think.
also - I wrote a CD and try to read it (USB CD Drive) with the F7 BIOS - it can read it... but without yellow yumper it does nothing... 

n_scott_pearson

Ok, this means that the BIOS 23 does not have the support to get to BIOS 48. We will need to find some interim BIOS releases to update to first. I found BIO file for BE BIOS releases 28, 34 and 41 on site rebyte.me and have added them to my (attached) ZIP file. I suggest that you,

• Upgrade to BIOS 28 and then 34 using the F7 method.
  • Upgrade to BIOS 41, then 48, then 99 and then 120 using the jumper-based BIOS Recovery method.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. I cannot say this often enough: Do not use any EBU files to upgrade the BIOS of any Intel Desktop Board product. There is an undiagnosed bug in EBU that, on occasion, causes non-recoverable BIOS corruption. A replacement EBU capability was provided specifically for Windows 10 on the NUC products, but not for Desktop Board products (because already discontinued).

Manfred
Novice

Many Thanks.
the bios 28 and 34 with F7 went well.
but with the 41 (without the yellow jumper) nothing happens.
from the same USB stick - only this one file on it.
and with F7 41 does not work (see photo).
is there still one missing in between (34 and 41)?

n_scott_pearson

From the Release Notes, there was one additional BIOS, 35, that was released publicly. When I read the description, I concluded that it wasn't necessary. Still, if you would like to try it, I have attached it. Note that, for completeness, I have included the entire set of BIOSs in the attached ZIP file.

...S

Manfred
Novice
but the 41 doesn't work - neither with F7 nor without the yellow jumper.
if I may say what I notice is the size of the files.
9MB, 15MB, then again only 5MB ... seems strange to me.
Manfred
Novice

now i was successful.
a nice ebay user sent me the appropriate "iflash2.exe".
with that I could flush the 41 as well as the 99.
the 120 didn't work with iflash - but with (without) the jellow jumper.
summarized:
28, 34, 35 with F7
41, 48, 99 with iflash
120 with (without (yellow jumper)
now i have a fine motherboard !!
thanks especially to ".S"

View solution in original post

n_scott_pearson

I believe that the size differences were because of the fact that the BIOS files in the middle were carrying two sets of firmware for the ME, one for 2nd gen processors and one for 3rd gen processors. Still, as I said, my only source for these was from 3rd-party site rebyte.me; I was not able to retrieve them via the Wayback Machine. I am checking with some old teammates to see if there is a way to get the original file sizes for comparison.

...S

n_scott_pearson

I was able to get a binary comparison of the BIO files with the Intel database and all are unmodified and of the correct size.

...S

kmercado16
Novice

@n_scott_pearson  will this same method work with my DH61WW board? because im planning to do it this weekend, thank you!

n_scott_pearson
Yea, if you also cannot get BIOS Recovery to work, follow Manfred's iFlash2 process using the files I included in my last upload. You can use RUFUS to make bootable DOS flash drive using FREEDOS or MSDOS.
...S
VesperGremlin
New Contributor I

Hello Mr. Pearson

I intend to carry out a BIOS update on an Intel DH61WW motherboard , the version i currently have is 0016 . 

I couldn't find a list of the BIOS updates this particular motherboard has had over the years , and so the one thing i need to know is how to get to 0020 from 0016 : can i jump to 0020 from 0016 or are there other versions i need to install first ?

Once i get to 0020 the rest will be quite easy as i intend to follow the very clear instructions you had provided to help other members .

Your instructions and links are just what i needed , you are a wonderful person Mr. Pearson

n_scott_pearson

BIOS 16? Wow, that's the original BIOS release, meaning that you have a board form the original manufacturing run. It amazes me that this board has never seen any updates; I would have expected the user to hit at least one bug that predicated an update.

The Release Notes - the BE0120.pdf file that I included in the ZIP file - provides information on *all* public releases of this BIOS.

I do not have any BIO files below 28. As a first step, I suggest you follow my instructions for installing BIOS 28 - and yes, using the BIOS Recovery process.

...S