Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWERN4
Novice

Support for AVB Audio Video Bridging in products from Intel

I am interested in AVB Audio Video Bridging and would like to buy products ready and prepared for AVB.

Intel already supports AVB with Ethernet Controller I210 and I211 Family. https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ethernet-controllers/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-famil... Intel® Ethernet Controller I210/I211-AT for GbE Excellence

These controllers support advanced features such as IEEE 802.3az (EEE), 802.1AS, and 802.1Qav (AVB).

Will future PC-Desktop-Mainboards from Intel support features such as IEEE 802.3az (EEE), 802.1AS, and 802.1Qav (AVB) ? When ?

Does the the ethernet controller on the PC-Mainboard DZ77RE-75K support AVB ?

Regards

Andreas WERNER

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TORI_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Andreas,

We are looking into your question and will come back soon with an answer. Thanks!

idata
Community Manager

I am also interested in an answer to this question.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

AndyWerm, it is hard to say with 100% certainty what will or will not be supported in future products since the marketplace is constantly changing.

Our products are based on industry standards and what features are used and wanted from our customer base. If the features, customers are asking about, remain into the industry standards, we would suspect the answer is affirmative, but we have no way of guaranteeing that.

Regarding the DZ77RE-75K motherboard, it will work for you.