Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Support for PS/2 Splitter cable on DH77KC Motherboard.

Jump to solution

I have been working with the DH77KC desktop board and have come across a issue, which i cannot find the answer to in the product specification or anywhere else for that matter.

The board comes with only 1 PS/2 connector which is marked half green and half purple. When trying to use a PS/2 splitter cable i found that it did not work. So far my conclusion is that only one PS/2 device can be attached to the port at a time.

I assume that the reason for this is that the connector is pin out follow the normal PS/2 standard which is: Pin1 +Data, Pin2 Not connected, Pin3 GND, Pin4 Vcc, Pin5 +CLK and Pin6 Not conncted, in which case it would not work with a splitter, because there is only one +Data and CLK pin.

I know that on some boards which also has one PS/2 connector the pin out is a little different, in that two more pins is being used, Pin2 +Data and Pin6 CLK, in which case a PS/2 splitter will work.

So I need a confirmation that the PS/2 connector on the DH77KC follows the normal standard and not the "extended" one?

ISIC A/S

Peter Petersen

Service Technician

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Peter,

To answer your question the ps/2 port for the DH77KC follows the normal standard as you say. It is not an extended connector meant to work with splitters. You can only connect one item at the time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello Peter,

To answer your question the ps/2 port for the DH77KC follows the normal standard as you say. It is not an extended connector meant to work with splitters. You can only connect one item at the time.

View solution in original post