cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

System is in manufacturing mode

Dear All:

The BIOS screen on a DG41TY board is showing the following message: System is in manufacturing mode. The BIOS is current, but I reloaded the BIOS just in case it was corrupted.

The message is still there, but it does not seem to be harming the system.

What is the meaning of that message and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you,

Jeff V. Pulver

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jeff, this could be a problem with the motherboard itself. You can try a BIOS recovery to the previous version 0044 and check if the issue persisted.

I would recommend you to do a Clear CMOS removing the battery for a couple of hours. Also, remove the power supply.

Install the battery and load default settings on the BIOS.

Unfortunately, this motherboard is out of support and I think it is already out of warranty in order to offer you a replacement, but please try the troubleshooting I gave you above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for your quick response.

It would be inconvenient, for my customer, to remove that system. I will not do anything until the system acts up again. Then I will then follow your suggestions.

Cheers,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No problem Jeff, please just let me know if you need anything else regarding this behavior.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Jeff,

When the BIOS is in Manufacturing Mode, some additional commands are enabled in BIOS Setup; that's all. You can effectively ignore this message; it won't affect O/S operation...

...Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Scott,

Thanks for the explanation. Being curious: why did it suddenly appear, what are the "additional commands," and how is it turned off? Or better yet, where can I find documentation so I can read all about it.

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos