cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gautham
Beginner

TPM for Intel DH61WW desktop board

Hi all,

I've an Intel DH61WW desktop board. I saw that it has a TPM header slot. I would like to know if Intel makes the TPM chip and if so, where can I buy it from (I've searched every nook and corner of Amazon and couldn't find it). Will it work if I use ASUS TPM chip on my Intel DH61WW desktop board?

Thanks,

--Gautham

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, Intel never made a TPM module that could be plugged into these Desktop Boards. Most people used the 20-pin TPM 1.2 module from Asus, but I have heard that there's a TPM 2.0 module with the same pinout..

I did a quick check. Same as you, I was unable to find one via Amazon - but I did get a couple of hits on eBay.

...S

Gautham
Beginner

Thank you @n.scott.pearson​  I managed to find a 14-1 pin ASUS TPM 2.0 module on Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/14-1-Pin-TPM-Module/dp/B01DQQLH74/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Asus+TPM+module&qid=1581... I'll give it try on my Intel DH61WW desktop board and let the community know how it goes.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No!, You cannot just plug something like this in. There might be a way you can cross-wire a connector to get the right pinout, but this will depend upon getting the pinout information for the module (that for the connector on the WW board is in its Technical Product Specification).

...S