Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSilv12
Beginner

The DX79TO "I cannot F2 to bios or F10 boot Menu BUG!!!!"

Well, it seams that I have got this again! I cannot access the BIOS with F2 or any other way! Nor can I access the Boot Menu! I was able to re-flash the bios (650) back to (650)

I had this problem before for like 2 days I don't know what I did to fix it, but it was running really slow and almost all the memory was reserved! Then on a reboot it was just fine/!?!!?!?!??!!?

I could not access the BIOS with F2 or the Boot Menu with F10. The Bios jumper doesn't do anything ( but did work when I took it all the way out. and continuously hit the F7

with flash drive attached! and I re-flashed the same bios hoping that the NVram would clear. ha the battery out even and it updated! after it said reboot I put jumper back and the battery back

still the same :-( I am on my 4th day of no computer. I have done all of the recommendations such as remove all but one piece of Ram, took sound card out, reseated the video card

So please can somebody give Me a little help or advise? Thank You in advance!

Machine Specs: DX79TO Motherboard with current (650) bios

I7 3820 Cpu running at 3.6 Hhz.

Corsair x90 CPU Watercooler

32 GB Corsair "Vengeance' DDR 1866 10-11-10-30 running at XMP 1866 Mhz.

MSI 960 GTX 4gb

Sound Blaster SB5100 X-Fi pci-e x1

Corsair 60 GB SSD

2 X Western Digital sata HD 1 TB each

Seagate Barracuda sata 2TB

ASUS dvdR Burner

Razer Black widow Ultimate edition

Razer Death Adder 3500dpi

Operation Sys: Windows 10 Pro

Various Linux Distros. (Mageia 6.0) at the moment.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Juan_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DaneBurdick ,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues to access the BIOS on your Intel® Desktop Board. Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?

• Does the system freeze at any moment during POST?
  • Are you using a wireless keyboard/mouse? If yes, please try with a wired keyboard.
  • Have you tried to access the BIOS through the recovery options in Windows® 10? Recovery Options > Advanced Startup click "Restart Now" > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Juan V.

DSilv12
Beginner

Juan,

No freezes that I can tell?

And no wireless Peripherals (they are all in machine spec's!

and the biggey, It will not POST nor boot at all!!!!

and how do You know that I go by "Dane" and I also go by "Burdick" My Birthname!

idata
Community Manager

Hello DaneBurdick,

Can you please remove all memory sticks and let me know if you hear 3 beeps?

If you hear 3 beeps, it means that the processor is being detected by the motherboard and the problem might be related to the memory slots on the board or to the memory sticks.

As for the name, it is how the system recognizes you as a user.

Regards,

Juan V.
DSilv12
Beginner

Ok done that, 3 beeps! I even took all but one stick out to try it but was a no go!

I just won a bid on E-Bay on a identical motherboard , should be here Monday or Tuesday?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If the same thing happens with the "new" board, I would look at there being a failure in the memory...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hi DaneBurdick,

Thank you for letting me know. I will be awaiting the results.

Regards,

Juan V.
DSilv12
Beginner

OK Juan, Thank You for the help!

DSilv12
Beginner

well 2 of the sticks are only a couple of months old!

n_scott_pearson

Hey, I have had memory fail fresh out of the package. Failing after a month or two is not out of the realm of possibilities...

idata
Community Manager

Hi DaneBurdick,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if the replacement board fixed the issue?

Best Regards,

Juan V.
DSilv12
Beginner

This new Mother Board is doing the same damn thing! I took out all the ram and only put in one stick!

b2b, jumper pin, F2,F7,F10, all fail it just keeps booting what ever is there!

with the last mobo My main disk wouldn't boot the BCD was corrupted or something

now at least I can boot to windows but it show 29.0 GB assigned to "Hardware Reserved"

and only 3 GB available !

n_scott_pearson

Dana,

On the back panel of your board, at the far left, there is a "Back-to-BIOS" button. With the system powered off, engage this button. When you power on, this button should light up and the system should automatically enter BIOS Setup (i.e., no F2 necessary). Once there, use F9 (followed by 'Y') to load the default BIOS configuration over the current. This should remove this strange memory configuration. You can then make any changes to the configuration (boot order, etc.) that you absolutely need. Then, use F10 (followed by 'Y') to exit from BIOS Setup with a save of the current configuration.

Hope this helps,

...S

DSilv12
Beginner

That doesn't work with board! This is My second one, but I have found a solution

In a Windows Admin Command Prompt type "shutdown -s" and it doesn't go into hybrid S mode and then ir magically works!

n_scott_pearson

What doesn't work? Please be more specific.