Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The bios of my intel DP55WG motherboard was damaged.

The bios of my intel DP55WG motherboard was damaged. it does not display. I tried bios recovery from usb but it didn't work. I want to rewrite the bios manually with the CH341A programmer, but I cannot find the .bin file. There is only .bio file on the internet and it doesn't work. please send me the original .bin file so that I can rewrite the bios with the ch341a programmer.

I contacted intel support and they told me that they have stopped motherboard production so they can not help. Could you please show me how I can make a .bin file from the .bio file. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You will never get a .bin or .rom file from here.

And, the bios recovery will likely work if you do it properly.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
Beginner

I tried bios recovery, but since bios is completely damaged, it doesn't work. I wonder if anyone has one of the Intel DP55KG / DP55SB / DP55WG motherboards, who can back up and install bios?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

With your .bio file, follow Scott's procedure EXACTLY as he has detailed. Do not take any shortcuts, or dismiss any steps.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00...

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Intel specifically does not provide BIOS updates in BIN or HEX form as this is a serious security risk. Even if you had such an image, you could not do anything with it because you do not have the tools necessary to brand this BIOS for your board and Intel simply does not let these tools out of their factory. If you duplicate someone else's SPI part, you will be duplicating the branding of their BIOS for their board. That is, duplicating Serial Number, UUID, MAC Address, etc. and etc. Having two identical systems is not only problematic, it represents a security risk. No one who wishes to continue to use their board should provide an image of their SPI part.

...S