Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11462 Discussions

Thermal grizzly kryonaut scratched my new 11700k cpu.

Rolan4
Beginner
Hi all, I have a question related to the my new CPU, I was using the Thermall Grizzly Kryonaut past and it scratched my CPU and Aio. The cpu works fine with different thermal past without issues temps around 65 max is stock.
My question is this scratches can effect intel warranty? I contacted the Thermall Grizzly support and reply was not so good.

"On 28/07/2021, 11:28 support@thermal-grizzly.com wrote:

Hello Rolans,

the one with the scratches is a purely optical thing. The components are still working. The thermal paste contains aluminum oxide which is harder than copper and nickel-plated copper. Therefore, slight scratches could arise. But that's exactly what the thermal paste is for in the end to fill up these bumps. Attached is a video where you can see from what scratch size and depth it would make a difference.

https://youtu.be/QglfSZP0UZE?t=590

As you can see, there is hardly any difference from an 80 grit sandpaper. We are a long way from you with the scratches. Of course it's not that nice to look at, no question about it, but as I wrote above, it doesn't make any thermal difference."

I will attach some pictures.

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies