Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPlak
Beginner

Today,for the first time ,I tried to use firewire of DX58SO with Windows 10.It just doesnt work.Cable and camera are OK.I tried different drivers including the microfost's legacy but sill nothing.Is there a driver that work with Windows 10?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

All of the drivers for this discontinued board have been removed.

"

End of Life for Driver and BIOS Updates for Intel® Desktop Board

October 18, 2019 at 10:02 AM

Device drivers will no longer be available on Intel Download Center after September 13, 2019. BIOS updates will no longer be available after November 22, 2019. All versions are provided as is and will not be supported with any additional functional, security, or other updates.

"

Windows 10 contains most all drivers need "inbox". You may want to try using an add-on FW card.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Just a thought. Do you see the fw in the device manager? If not, you might try looking in the bios to see if it is enabled.

Also, what bios do you have installed? What version of W10? 1903? 1909?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Windows 10 was still only a twinkle in MS' eye when the DX58SO was Discontinued. No validation of this platform with the Windows 10 drivers has ever been performed. It simply is not a supported O/S.

...S

TPlak
Beginner

Bios is v.5600 (latest as far as I know). Windows 10 1909.Dev.man. sees the device but it doesnt recognise my camera when I connect it.I also tried the front panel firewire.Still the same.I trived the drivers from Texas_Instrument , unibrain and ms legacy.Nothing....dead.I am starting to believe that maybe the fw controller is dead.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

That's certainly possible; we are talking about a board built in early 2009​.

...S