cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLO5
Beginner

Troubleshooting DP55KG That Shows No Sign Of Power

Jump to solution

I had built this dp55kg-pc six year ago. Now, my pc failed to boot with no sign of power. Please help me to troubleshoot it to either a faulty cpu or a faulty motherboard.

1. The psu is good.

a. Disconnect all connections from psu.

b. Short Pin16(PS_ON# )/Pin17(Ground) of the 24Pin Power Connector with a paper clip.

c. Switch on psu.

d. psu fan starts to spin. +5V/+12V can be measured with a DMM.

2. A faulty cpu or a faulty dp55kg?

a. Take out CMOS Battery and measure 3V with a DMM. Look good. Then put it back.

b. Disconnect everything from the dp55kg, except for the 24Pin Power Connector/2x4Pin Power Connector/4Pin CPU Fan/Rear Case Fan.

c. Switch on psu.

d. Momentarily short the red Pin6/Pin8(power switch) of the front panel header on the motherboard with a screwdriver.

e. No beep. No fan. No Post Code LED. No Processor LED. No Voltage Regulator LED. No +5V/+12V.

f. Standby Power LED turns green. Back2BIOS Button is red.

Thanks Forum! Hope You Can Help!

Best Regards,

cibalo

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

How do you know that the PSU is good? Try a different power supply before we go any further.

Doc

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How do you know that the PSU is good? Try a different power supply before we go any further.

Doc

View solution in original post

CLO5
Beginner

Your question is answered in the part 1 of my post.

1d. psu fan starts to spin. +5V/+12V can be measured with a DMM.

AlHill
Super User

What you have done to test the power supply does not mean it is working. Try a different power supply first,

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Thank you, Al Hill for your help.

Ciba_LO, please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

JC
CLO5
Beginner

In fact, I did replace the psu with a brand-new working one, verified at the service center before I posted the message. And all symptoms remained the same after the replacement.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Ciba_LO,

Thank you for the information.

At this point, the only way to be 100% sure whether is the processor the one defective or the motherboard is to get a spare CPU or motherboard to test with.

Best Regards,

JC
idata
Community Manager

Hello Ciba_LO,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

If so, please don't hesitate in replying to this post.

Regards,

JC