cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VOnip
Beginner

UEFI Option ROM driver

Hi All,

I have problems with the my PCI OpRom device driver on some platforms.

Driver executing successfully on the DG41TX motherboard, but on the DH67BL and DH77EB driver does not loading from OpRom on the PCIe card (even entrypoint does not executing).

Boot process not freezing and UEFI Shell from USB pen loading successfully after platform initialization.

With "loadpcirom" command from UEFI shell my driver executing successfully on any platforms.

Maybe problem is platform policy?

Can the platform completely ignore UEFI OpRom drivers?

Thanks, Vladimir.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Vladimir, the issue that you are experiencing could be related to compatibility, since the PCI is working with a G41 chipset board. Have you checked with the PCI card manufacture if the device is compatible with 6th or 7th series motherboards?

Could you provide me the model number of the PCI card?

VOnip
Beginner

sylvia_intel написал:

Could you provide me the model number of the PCI card?

My card is the hand-made prototype (not for commercial use).

On my card I have 1 TI PCIe chip (PCIe bridge) and Altera CPLD with PCI configuration space. In addition, I have EEPROM memory with UEFI driver.

I have some troubles with driver execution on 6th and 7th series motherboards (description above).

Thanks, Vladimir.

VOnip
Beginner

Yes, but my card is working fine with legacy BIOS code in Option ROM (with any Intel boards).

With UEFI code in Option ROM card working fine only on the DG41TX motherboard.

On other platforms my UEFI code doesn't start.

The question is: does some Intel boards skips Option ROM execution? Or i should search mistakes in my UEFI code?

Thanks, Vladimir.

VOnip
Beginner

I have done some experiments on DH67BL.

"UEFI Image Validation" on this board does not supported (no EFI_IMAGE_EXECUTION_INFO_TABLE in EFI System Table).

So, I have no thoughts, why my driver does not start on this board (but starts succesfully on DG41TX)

DG41TX and DH67BL contains UEFI codes same revision - 2.00