Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBarr10
Beginner

UEFI mode on an Intel DX58SO. Is it possible?

I have an intel DX58SO running on the latest 5600 firmware. Win 10, i7 920. Currently my SSD drive is in MBR. I've looked into converting my OS drive in UEFI/GPT mode and it seems possible. Wanted to know if the DX58SO board will support UEFI and if anyone in here has had any experience converting an OS drive from MBR to GPT (legacy to UEFI).

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, this BIOS contains support for UEFI and you can enable it. Note that this BIOS may refer to it as simply 'EFI' (which was Intel's name for it before it was released as an industry standard). Best way to convert from MBR to GPT is to delete all partitions and then recreate. I have no experience with any tools that say they can convert on the fly.

Hope this helps,

...S

BBarr10
Beginner

Thank you!

As for the converting portion, Intel actually has this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024558/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-m...

It gives you step by step on converting an OS disk from MBR to GPT so you can go from legacy to UEFI. Going to give it a try after performing a proper back up of course. *Fingers crossed*