Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSpie
Beginner

USB 3.0 Drivers for DH87MC hangs Win7 x64 during image recovery

Installing USB_3.0_Win7_2.5.1.28 drivers breaks MS recovery, as mouse support is broken.

Without the above driver, mouse support functions in a fully patched install on Win7x64 - including during recovery from the OS GUI.

Simply installing the driver breaks mouse support on reboot from Win7, making the Win7 recovery option useless.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi Tranas,

When using recovery image from windows, the USB 3.0 will not use any drivers to work as USB 3.0, it will work as 2.0 versions. This will work until you load the latest drivers for USB 3.0 controller.

Thanks

Allan

TSpie
Beginner

You missed the point completely.

On this motherboard, if you do *NOT* install the Intel USB 3.0 drivers, the mouse and Windows7 recovery work without issues. The system functions normally.

Simply installing the current Intel USB 3,0 drivers breaks mouse support in WIn7 and Win7 recovery no longer functions - on reboot, you are presented with a screen you can no longer control or enter data into.

HTH

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It definitely seems to be a problem with USB 3.0 drivers, at this stage, I recommend waiting for new drivers for USB ports, I am afraid I do not have an estimate for this release but it might help on this problem.

Allan