cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

USB 3.0 function

Good day Gentlemen,

I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 7 x64 Home Premium to Windows 8 Pro. When I used the Assistance Upgrade, it stated that I have to uninstall Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver as will as some pages from your support website.

I searched about this driver and I noticed that so many people have a problem with their USB 3.0 ports after upgrading to Windows 8 ! As they described, when they uninstalled Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver and upgraded to Windows 8, they lost the file transferring speed of USB 3.0 ports and it starts functioning as the normal USB 2.0 ports !

My question is .. If I uninstall Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Am I going to lose the original file transferring speed of my USB 3.0 ports ?

Your support is highly appreciated .

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Any feedback ??

idata
Community Manager

Hello hadab2008, we have received some reports of this happening. Currently we are working on finding the nature of the problem and a possible fix.

Regards  

idata
Community Manager

Hello Sir,

So, do you recommend me not to upgrade my OS until you fix the problem or is it OK to upgrade it now ?

idata
Community Manager

I didn't mark that as an answer !!

And I really wanna know if I can safely upgrade my OS or do I have to wait for this problem to be fixed ??

Sorry for being annoying

idata
Community Manager

idata
Community Manager

If you upgrade to Windows* 8 will be your decision, currently the problem is that the USB 3.0 ports will work as 2.0 until the problem is identified.

You can also go back to Windows* 7 or stay there until the issue reported is fixed.

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Thank you Sir,

I appresiated it. Sorry

PNg31
Beginner

Victor,

Is the problem being identified? I am having the same USB3 only have USB2 performance issue as well.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello moonlite,

Can you please post here your DxDiag report or your system configuration?

DMang3
Beginner

Hello Victor,

I am having similar issues with my Intel NUC 54250 with Windows 8.1. My USB3.0 vision camera works on a Dell Latitude 3540 Laptop with windows 7; however, the camera fails to communicate on my Intel NUC.

Is the issue above resolved? If so, can you please provide a resolution.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi devinlmangus,

This is a very old thread now so I recommend you creating a new post and describe your issue along with all the necessary information.

Kevin m