Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTurn2
Beginner

USB Disconnect/reconnect on DZ77GAL-70K

I have built this computer with the Intel DZ77GAL-70K back in January with Windows 7 64-bit and had no issues up until 2 weeks ago when I re-installed with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. This was a complete clean install, not an upgrade. Since then about 2-3 times throughout the day I hear the sound of a USB device disconnecting then reconnecting 1-2 seconds later. During this 1-2 seconds I am unable to use my mouse and keyboard. No messages appear on the screen that anything has been disconnected or reconnected, the only indicator is the sound.

I have ran the automatic drive update tool on the Intel Website and everything is up to date. All Windows 8 updates have also been performed. When I installed Windows 8 two weeks ago I updated the bios to the most current version at the time.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Complete system specs are:

Motherboard: Intel DZ77GAL-70K

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

CPU Cooler: Antel H20 920 (I mention this because it does connect to an internal USB port)

Memory: 4x4 gig DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC

PSU: Corsair HX750

Optical: Sata blu-ray drive

Boot Drive: 2x 128GB Samsung 840 pro's in RAID 0 (Using on-board Intel RAID)

Storage Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

TV Tuner: Hauppauge HVR 2250

Connected USB devices include: Keyboard, Mouse, Wireless Headphones and Magic Jack.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. Please let me know if there is any more information that I can provide.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TTurn2
Beginner

After a few more searches I found that someone mentioned disabling USB Selective Suspend in the Windows 8 Power Options. I will give this a shot and report if this has any effect.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Sighbot, you can also try the device on another USB port 2.0 or 3.0, or use a different keyboard or mouse to see if the behavior is the same.

Please let me know.