Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

USB Endpoints

Jump to solution

Hi

I would like to know if one if there's any Intel desktop chipset (current or upcoming) which supports more than 96 endpoints on one USB root hub please.

I have multiple USB devices which I connect to either of two Usb desktops via a selection switch. The devices therefore share the same physical port on whichever PC I'm currently using. Collectively they are trying to use more than the 96 endpoint limit, as the OS indicates.

I know​ there are workarounds. I'm using them. Meanwhile, I'm interested to know if Intel are going to match their 254-endpoint competition anytime soon.

Thanks!​

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I am sorry, by Intel Customer Support personnel are not allowed to discuss the feature sets of future products. I agree that this should have been fixed a few PCH generations ago, but I have no insights into whether anything is being done about this in future PCH generations.

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I am sorry, by Intel Customer Support personnel are not allowed to discuss the feature sets of future products. I agree that this should have been fixed a few PCH generations ago, but I have no insights into whether anything is being done about this in future PCH generations.

...S

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. You have confirmed it's not supported in any current Intel chipset, which helps.

0 Kudos