Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to install windows 10 after dozen tries.

Good morning. I have Intel core 2 DUO E8500, 3.16 Ghz desktop computer. I have tried several times to install windows 10 on it but always getting a blue screen. I strongly believe it is a configuration in the BIOS which is preventing the installation or something. Can someone tell me how to install windows 10 on it. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
40 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. I suggest you to reinstall Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install version 2004. Use this instead of installation media you have.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Usually you enter bios by pressing F2 during boot and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit. Could be that you need other keys to use in your computer.
4. With the installation media inserted into USB slot, power ON your computer. 
5. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
6. In para. 8 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought or click on the I don't have a product key and Windows will be activated later.
8. Skip on para. 13 and continue in para. 14. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Whose desktop board?  Provide the manufacturer name and model.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Its an Intel desktop board. I see 210882, D33025. I don't know which is the model but it is an Intel desktop board.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Those numbers do not look correct.  Look on the board for an "AA" number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Also, from where did you get your windows 10 install media?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes yes, it is AA D82085-804. Attached is a picture of that.

I downloaded it from a site called igetintopc.com and the bootable was created using Rufus
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Picture of the motherboard model

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Sounds like you have a DQ35JO

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/P35_G35_Q35/D...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50382/intel-desktop-board-dq35jo.html

From where did you get your windows 10 install media?

From looking at your photo, I am concerned about the condition of the board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I downloaded the windows from igetintopc.com and I used Rufus to make a bootable.

The board is functioning alright. It had XP3 installed at first and it run smoothly; it is when I try to install windows 10 that I always get the blue screen error.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

We see this all the time.  Do not go to any place but microsoft to make the install media.

Go here and follow the instructions to create the install media.  Do not use rufus or any other tool.  Just have a usb2 stick of at least 8gb.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

when you install w10, when you get to the point of selecting the drive, delete ALL partitions on the drive you want to install W10 on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Okay I will try and give feedback
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

While you are at it, get yourself a bottle of compressed air and clean the crap out of the system, off the motherboard, around the processor and especially in and around all fans. Remember to spray air into the power supply (via Internal port so dust is vented out exterior fan opening).

Based on how much dust is adhered to the motherboard, there is so much dust in your system that you better take it outside to do this cleaning.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

The dust was covering the board model number<G>

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Very appreciative. Will do that. Can I use air from standing fan??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Doubtful that would be strong enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh okay.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@leon Waksman, AlHill, n_scott_pearson and any one helping; it is still behaving as such. Still giving me the blue screen. I have created a bootable media using Microsoft media creation tool but when tries to install, it still gives me the blue screen error. What must I do please??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

What error are you getting?  Take a photo of the blue screen.

Also, provide your memory information and your HDD information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @ManuelMerricksin 

1. Giving more help than @AlHill  or @n_scott_pearson  are giving is very difficult.  They the best. However, I give some Windows 10 installation instruction I have. I'll be glad to help if I can: 
2. As suggested by Al, if you did not do this yet, please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install version 2004.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during POST) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your computer and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.
5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 8 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought or click on the I don't have a product key and Windows will be activated automatically later.
8. Skip on para. 13 and continue in para. 14. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos