Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Update of Intel® RST driver fails with Windows 7 64-bit

I have Intel DH67GD motherboard with 4 SATA devices: Intel SSD, 2 x Seagate HD (RAID1) and BluRay drive. It is running fine with 10.6.0.1002 version of RST driver. When I upgraded the driver to the newest version (12.8.0.1016), Intel RST application would crash on start. Do I need a new version of Intel RST application? If so, where can I find it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

If you are using the latest BIOS for that motherboard, the Option ROM in your system would be version 11.6.0.1702 and the latest version of Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology that is posted for this motherboard is version 11.7 which goes in concordance with the option ROM that your motherboard would have.

Try installing the 11.7 release posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22272&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207... Download Center

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 with a Dell 018D1Y motherboard; Intel chipset P45/P43/G45/G43 Rev. A3; Southbridge 82801JR (ICH10R), and I need to know which RST Drivers (latest version) I need and the software to install it. The automatic update software from Intel won't run on my machine after I did a system image restore from a 500GB to a 1TB harddrive.

Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

The latest Intel® Rapid Storage for your chipset model would be version 11.7 with support for AHCI

File name: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/22272/RAID-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-for... STOR_Win7_8_11.7.0.1013_PV.exe

Allan.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks, so much, Allan, for your help.

-- Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I thought you might want to know that the new drivers for IRST fixed ALL the issues I was having since restoring my system image to a new drive!

I cannot thank you enough for your quick and accurate response to my issue!

-- Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I am glad to hear your computer is working again. Great news.

Allan.

0 Kudos