HI Intel Team,
I having PC with Configuration of I7 4770 CPU, DH87MC Motherboard,32 GB corsair RAM DDR3 1600 MHZ (8 GB X 4 Slots).
Let me share some background information for better understanding So I can get out of this situation.
I bought this Processor because of these Benefits.
1. INTEL VTD Support
2. INTEL VTX Support
3. INTEL Vpro Technology Support
4. Hyper Threading
5. INTEL 64
other benefits as specified under:http://ark.intel.com/products/75122/Intel-Core-i7-4770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Specifications
However Lately but Yes facing challenges while working on System specifically Virtualization Platform due to Limitation of RAM which is 32GB.
However not sure Intel DH87MC motherboard Support 16GB RAM STICK on Per Slot ? which will increase RAM from 32 GB to 64 gb atleast, If not Looking for Intel Advise to Upgrade Mother board which Support All such benefits specified above along with 128GB , 64GB Desktop Boards which also compatible with CPU I7 4770.
I bought this system just 6 months back however due to Limitation of RAM on the system, looking for INTEL Help to get detailed information which will fulfill my requirements ?
Is there any plan/Support available for Intel Users so they can get upgrade plan benefits for their devices ?
First of all, I recommend that you NOT include your email address in your postings. This is visible to everyone on the internet. Communities members have the ability to send you private messages without knowing your email address. When someone send you a private message - or responds to your posting - you will receive an email notification in your private email inbox (unless you turned this notification capability off in your profile). Bottom line, you do not need to provide your email address. I recommend that you use the edit action to remove your email address from the above posting.
The specification for your motherboard states the following:
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.5 V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs.
- 1.35 V Low Voltage DDR3 DIMMs (JEDEC specification)
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 32 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 Gb memory technology). Refer to Section 2.1.1 on page 39 for information on the total amount of addressable memory.
- Minimum recommended total system memory: 1 GB • Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 1333 MHz to DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- XMP version 1.3 performance profile support for memory speeds up to 1600 MHz
Bottom line, you are limited to 32GB of memory.
N.Scott.Pearson is right, 32 GB is the maximum total system memory http://ark.intel.com/products/69045/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH87MC Intel® Desktop Board DH87MC Specifications