Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Vccp issue

i am using the Intel Desktop Board D945GCL since last 10yrs, recently i have found that after about 2 hrs of usage the system Vccp value (seen in Bios) starts fluctuation and at times goes below 0.9 & the system crashes. i have changed the HDD, removed all extra hardware, changed the SMPS & also OS but still its happening.

i would like to know why this is happening & what is the solution ? os is xp sp2

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hello, MV99:

Have you tested the system with a different power supply? or maybe test your PSU looking for possible voltage issues.

You could also take the Motherboard out of the chassis to avoid grounding issues, since this is related to voltage.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, sounds like power supply is (eventually) overheating...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

yes, EstebanC_Intel i have removed the mobo out & running it outside the chasis on another power supply.

i have also connected another fan so that mobo can be kept cool in case of any heating somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, MV99:

If the motherboard was removed from the chassis and another PSU was tested, I would go with a possible bad motherboard, unfortunately, chances are that your partner is faulty.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos