Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Video driver for Windows 10 - Intel Desktop Board db85fl

What is the correct video driver for Windows 10?

I have this Intel Desktop Board db85fl extended with 2 monitors (HDMI + DVI).
With Windows 7 the 2 monitors work perfectly, with color and resolution.

I formatted the machine and put Windows 10, installed the same driver I got on the website and it doesn't have the same resolution and colors, it looks like it has only 256 colors.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Follow the file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Rafael,

You have build 15.40.45.4531 of the driver package supporting Intel HD Graphics 4600 installed. The latest available build is 15.40.45.5126. Please install this newer build and repeat your tests. You can download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29474/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=751...

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

all well?
I installed this driver but I still see everything with pixels (checkered) looking like it has 256 colors.

When I change HD with Windows 7, the image returns to normal.

the file that I generated after updating the driver again follows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would like to see what you are seeing. Please take a picture of the monitor screen with your smartphone and post it here. Which interface is this connected to? HDMI?

As well, what do you see if you go into the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel? For each monitor, can you capture what you see in the General Settings, Color Settings and Multiple Displays scenes?

For each monitor, if the Color Settings | Color Depth is not 32 Bit, can you change it to 32 Bit?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

In the HDMI interface the dimension when I maximize the screen is OK
on the DVI interface with adapter for HDMI it looks like it's bigger than I can see on the screen.

on Print 05 the Intel logo is not round, the squares are appearing around it.

In the photo taken from Iphone_01, it is from the monitor with the community page, it is maximized, and we cannot see the Windows buttons of Minimize, maximize and close.
this is only happening on the monitor with DVI and HDMI adapter.
but with Windows 7 it works normal.

And in the photo of iphone_02 on the monitor, I almost can't tell what is in bold (unread) and on the Surface below I can already see very well.
and if I change the HD and put the one with Windows 7 it works normally.

If you need any more prints just ask.
and I'm sorry because I'm using Google translator.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

these 2 images were missing from the 2 monitors

0 Kudos
Highlighted

In the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, select the General Settings scene and then select the left-most monitor (the one that appears to have things cut off). Change the Scaling parameter setting from Maintain Aspect Ratio to Customize Aspect Ratio. This will put sliders below and at the side of the test image. Use these sliders to reduce the size of the entire monitor image until all of it is visible on the display. depending upon the monitor, you may have to move the slider and then click on Apply to see the result.

As for the other issue you mention, go into the Color Settings scene and use the Color Enhancements parameters to adjust how the image will appear. You may have to play with this to get it right. When you were working with Windows 7 originally, you likely adjusted these parameters within the settings of the monitors.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

as for the color problem, could it be that Windows 7 was running at 32bits and now with windows 10 I'm at 64bits?

If I return the windows 7 HD and get that diagnosis https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
can you see any information to help?
I'm thinking of formatting and installing everything in 32 bits will it solve?

As for the problem of showing everything on the screen, I managed to solve it. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos