cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jraja1
Beginner

Want to connect 3 Internal Hard Disks to my PC - DH67GD

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a DH67GD motherboard. I already have two hard disks connected to the blue ports and would really like to connect a third Internal Hard disk too.

Please help.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You can certainly connect a third drive to any of the black SATA ports available, but understand that the performance of this drive will be degraded. While the blue SATA ports provide a full SATA III 6Gb/s interface, with this chipset, the black SATA ports provide only a SATA II 3Gb/s interface. Bottom line, connect the two drives that you want to have the best performance to the blue SATA III connectors and the third drive to one of the black SATA II connectors.

Note that, if you move a drive from a blue SATA connector to a black SATA connector and connect the third drive to the blue SATA connector, the drive letter(s) assigned to the drive you moved will probably change. If this matters, you can fix this afterwards using the Windows Disk Management Control Panel applet, which allows you to change the drive letter assignments.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You can certainly connect a third drive to any of the black SATA ports available, but understand that the performance of this drive will be degraded. While the blue SATA ports provide a full SATA III 6Gb/s interface, with this chipset, the black SATA ports provide only a SATA II 3Gb/s interface. Bottom line, connect the two drives that you want to have the best performance to the blue SATA III connectors and the third drive to one of the black SATA II connectors.

Note that, if you move a drive from a blue SATA connector to a black SATA connector and connect the third drive to the blue SATA connector, the drive letter(s) assigned to the drive you moved will probably change. If this matters, you can fix this afterwards using the Windows Disk Management Control Panel applet, which allows you to change the drive letter assignments.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

jraja1
Beginner

Thanks for the help Scott Pearson, I'll have to hunt for a sata cable now

but really, thank you
VNgoc
Beginner

This model have 5 ports of SATA (1x eSATA, 2x SATA 6.0GB/s and 2c SATA), connect 1x eSATA and 2x SATA 6.0GB/s for max speed.

LAnhD
Beginner

Right. Thanks for N.Scott information