Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lEdge
New Contributor I

We don't need DZ87KLT-75K?

I had my desktop motherboard gifted to a friend. The party animal is a self renounced computer expert and a A+ solution hardware manager. He decided to go with a better motherboard. Returned it to me in a not working condition. As I understand the board is not working because it is missing the XDP3 chip. Or is the problem primarily with the broken 2011 CPU pin. I am not familiar with the Intel Hardware Support and damage repair. I don't think this board is worth fixing and repairing. True or false?

20200225_110454[1].jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What did you and/or your friend do to this board? If it was working before you gave it to him, you got screwed. Broken CPU pin? Where? You did not show the cpu socket.

I currently have FOUR of these boards. I have had as many as SEVEN. What the two of you have done is close to criminal.

There is no repair facility.

Maybe @n.scott.pearson​ can comment.

Doc

lEdge
New Contributor I

Well. I never had the caretaker holding of the motherboard. I just though I mention the Intel 2011 CPU pin is broken. I clearly see that as a problem. The issue here is the XMP3 controller. I don't really have a clue if Intel will repair that at all. The CPU compartment itself is not the issue. I believe that part is right now replaceable. Because I looked at photos and that part is not even included. In personal experience I will not buy a duplicate board from some outlined retailer. They already had an item I bought that was never in stock. This one is going into the trash.

AlHill
Super User

What is this "2011 CPU" pin? The board uses socket 1150. Show a photo of the socket with the broken pin.

Also, who removed the XMP3 access cover?

What is the AA number of this board?

I can tell you that intel does not repair boards, especially boards that are seven years old, discontinued, and not supported.

Doc