Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PEdwa4
Beginner

When My DZ87KLT75K MB Boots, Intel Boot Agent Runs, and FAILS, How Do I Turn It Off?

Every time my DZ87KLT75K MB Boots, Intel Boot Agent GE,Version 1.4.10 runs, and FAILS

First it says a cabble is broken? (PXE 61, then M0F), then displays a long MAC Adress, and after a "_" spins for a while, it too FAILS (M0F).

This slows down my boot time a lot, and since it fails anyway, I would like to turn it off, so it won't run at all?

Any HELP would be greatly appriciated, Por Favor.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello PaulED, thanks for joining the Intel community.

Please check the following article. It will provide you all the steps you need to follow in order to disable the Intel® Boot Agent.

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-008018.htm http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-008018.htm

Thanks

PEdwa4
Beginner

Thanks, for the reply, to fix my problem.

I went to your link, and tried to download the Utilities, both of them, but after I got to the "I Agree" screen, I clicked on both the "IAccept/I decline" choices, agin for both Utilities, but absolutely nothing hapened?

I have encountered this same bug on Intel download sites before, and tried to report it, so it would be fixed, but guess that information never made it through?

Thanks anyway,

Paul

PS: Since I used F-9 to reset the default BIOS, had hoped there might be a way to go back into the BIOS and turn it off instead?

BTW: My eithernet is the Intel Gigabit I210, 100 if that makes any difference?

PEdwa4
Beginner

Although I personally don't like using the new Intel Visual BIOS, I went back into them, by F-2, during boot up.

Then I carefully viewed several BIOS screens, until I found one containing Boot Devices, which included a Network Boot Device choice, which was checked, so I unchecked it, then exited, using F-10 to save my settings.

I then rebooted several times and the Intel Boot Agent Soft, or hardware, did not try to run anymore.

This worked on my DZ87KLT75K MB, but I don't if it would wok the same way, on other Intel MBs, or not?

Again, thanks for trying to help me.

If you know anyway to get someone to look at the Intel download "I Agree/I Decline" bug, please it along if you can.

Paul

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information Paul. I'm going to report this immediately.

I'm glad to know that at least you were able to solve the behavior on the system with a workaround.

Regards,

PEdwa4
Beginner

Thanks, I never should myself to be talked into using F-9, to reset my BIOS, in the first place, without knowing what all would be changed.

Yeah, if you can get Intel to fix their download bug, you'll be doing better than I could.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Paul I tried to download the latest BIOS version available for this motherboard and I did not have problems downloading it from downloadcenter.intel.com.

I used Google Chrome just in case. Have you tried using other browse such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Regards,

Silvia L

PEdwa4
Beginner

I use FireFoc 35.0, but cone to think of it, I have had some download failures using older versions of FireFox too, so you may be right about that.

I'll go back and try again with IE-11, though I really don't normally use it for much, having had problems getting Microsoft to fix things in the past.

My booboo, I tried again, with IE-11, and the file downloaded just fine.

Guess I need to put a PostNote message to myself to remember that if all else fails, try IE-11 to see if it works?

Come to think of it, I did leave Bugzilla Report about this for Mozilla, some time ago, so guess I should be bugging them about fixing it instead.

Thanks for the reminder, I won't blame anyone but Mozillla about his again.

Paul

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

No problem Paul.