Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orak
Beginner

Where can I find drivers for PCI Simple Communication Controller of DP35DP?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to setup an old machine at my home. The board in DP35DP. But I cant find the drivers for PCI Simple Communications Controller for Windows 10. Currently I dont have internet access on that machine, so, not able to use Windows Update. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The  PCI Simple Communications Controller is actually the Intel Management Engine interface (MEI), which allows firmware running on the ME to communicate with supporting software on the host processor.

Unfortunately, Intel never released Windows 10 driver support for the MEI implementations in any chipsets prior to the 8 Series. You will just have to leave the MEI device as being unresolved.

Intel also never released Windows 10 driver support for the 82566DC Gb Ethernet PHY. If the Microsoft compatibility drivers don't work on this board, you are out of luck. There are plenty of USB-based Ethernet devices to be had, with some for USB 2.0 costing less than US$10. For example: https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Foldable-Compatible-Ultrabook-Chromebook/dp/B01M2VGO8I.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer. For a systems this old, you might find Linux to be a more-attractive choice.

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The  PCI Simple Communications Controller is actually the Intel Management Engine interface (MEI), which allows firmware running on the ME to communicate with supporting software on the host processor.

Unfortunately, Intel never released Windows 10 driver support for the MEI implementations in any chipsets prior to the 8 Series. You will just have to leave the MEI device as being unresolved.

Intel also never released Windows 10 driver support for the 82566DC Gb Ethernet PHY. If the Microsoft compatibility drivers don't work on this board, you are out of luck. There are plenty of USB-based Ethernet devices to be had, with some for USB 2.0 costing less than US$10. For example: https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Foldable-Compatible-Ultrabook-Chromebook/dp/B01M2VGO8I.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer. For a systems this old, you might find Linux to be a more-attractive choice.

...S

View solution in original post