Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11460 Discussions

Where is it possible to find all last firmware and drivers for DZ77GA-70K ?

Houckaye
Beginner

After a reinstallation of my Windows 10 20H2, I saw that I have a gap between power on of my windows and the connection of my network card.

Windows start normally but I haven't access to the lan and after twenty or thirty seconds, Lan connect.

I try with the 2 integrated Lan and with a pci xpress one. But the problem remain.

I reinstall 2 times Windows and I try with Microsoft drivers and with SDI's ones.

Sorry english is not my mother tongue

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached a ZIP file containing the last (v66, GA0066.BIO) BIOS release for the GA board. If your current version is close to this one (say, v61 or newer), install the BIOS Update using the F7 method. If your current version is older, however, I recommend that you install it using the BIOS Recovery process. These two processes are documented here: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and here: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Recovery Instructions.

Now, LAN drivers for this board are a problem. Intel did not implement Windows 10 drivers for Ethernet Controllers that are this old. The compatibility drivers provided by Microsoft in the Windows 10 installation packages (which are actually older Windows 8.1 drivers, I believe) are all that you have to work with. But, if you are having problems with these drivers, there is no support from Intel and there is no support from Microsoft. If they work, great. If they don't work, oh well; you will need to use a USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter or upgrade to a motherboard which has an Ethernet controller supported by/on Windows 10.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson

I have attached a ZIP file containing the last (v66, GA0066.BIO) BIOS release for the GA board. If your current version is close to this one (say, v61 or newer), install the BIOS Update using the F7 method. If your current version is older, however, I recommend that you install it using the BIOS Recovery process. These two processes are documented here: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and here: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Recovery Instructions.

Now, LAN drivers for this board are a problem. Intel did not implement Windows 10 drivers for Ethernet Controllers that are this old. The compatibility drivers provided by Microsoft in the Windows 10 installation packages (which are actually older Windows 8.1 drivers, I believe) are all that you have to work with. But, if you are having problems with these drivers, there is no support from Intel and there is no support from Microsoft. If they work, great. If they don't work, oh well; you will need to use a USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter or upgrade to a motherboard which has an Ethernet controller supported by/on Windows 10.

Sorry,

...S

Houckaye
Beginner

Thank a lot,

Bios was v61 version so I did the upgrade.

The network is ok with default Windows Drivers (after a full reinstallation)

Thank again

n_scott_pearson
No problem, glad it worked out.
...S