Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKund
Beginner

Where to get old BIOS for desktop board (DG41TX?)

Hello,

I inherited an old DG41TX motherboard.

It has the original BIOS (version 37).

The only BIOS available for download is the latest, version 53 (TXG4110H.86A.0054.BI)

I can't get the bios to successfully update via any of the three methods (installer, boot drive, or recovery) the system just reboots but the BIOS doesn't change.

However, the release notes for the BIOS says I need to install version 48 (TXG4110H.86A.0048.2010.0908.1732) first. I can't find this anywhere.

Where can I find this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your board is from 2010 and is discontinued/unsupported.

Intel has removed drivers and bios files for discontinued products.

If you use the recovery method, it should work with 0054. Just be patient while doing the recovery.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html

Doc

MKund
Beginner

Hello, thanks for the quick response.

I realize it's an old board, but, ,you know, it's what I have to work with. And the original BIOS has some serious issues, including RAM compatibility problems. I could only get it to recognize 1GB of RAM. Would you like to know how Windows 10 runs with that? Not well.

The recovery method (remove jumper, etc) really didn't work. the PC would boot, stay in an all blank screen for 10-20 minutes until I shut it off.

But actually, I tried searching specifically for the filename, and it lead me to a random European drivers site (pcdrivers.guru... yeah I know). I was able to download that bios version 48, copy to a USB, and then flash it using the regular F7 method. And after I installed that version I was able to upgrade to the 54 version without problems.

So now my system has a whopping 3GB of RAM installed!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

MKund
Beginner

hi Scott! I actually had seen your post regarding the recovery method! Tried it. didn't work. This DG41TX is special, at least with initial BIOS ver 37. It really required upgrading to ver 48 first before doing any other BIOSes

Maybe 11 years from now someone will unearth this board from an archaeological dig and find this useful.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee