Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Where to send BOXDX79TO for repair? (Discontinued board)

Jump to solution

My board needs repair. It is out of warranty and discontinued. Who do I contact?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Irwin,

Basically, there's no one to contact. Intel does not offer a repair service. If it is out of warranty and has failed or been damaged, you will need to replace it at your own expense.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Irwin,

Basically, there's no one to contact. Intel does not offer a repair service. If it is out of warranty and has failed or been damaged, you will need to replace it at your own expense.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

That really sucks. Exact board models on Ebay...which almost all posted are USED, and selling for just about the cost of a brand new board.

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Ive noticed this, no idea why.... i do have a few DX79 series (3 of them i think) i will be selling soon if your interested. We are moving to S1200 server boards...

AlHill
Super User

This is not an auction or sales site. Any such transaction as at the risk of the buyer.

(((GRIFFCOMM, I recommend you post your item on an auction site rather than here.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Thank you ((GRIFFCOMM. I'm contemplating alternate boards, and possibly go with a faster processor. Don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on a 5 year old board...but if the price is right...maybe. Else, it would be better to invest in a more updated system. It is sad the Intel can't/won't/don't repair their own product...at least offer a trade-in or discounted price towards a replacement board.

Anyway, when you're ready, please message me with a price and we'll figure out how to handle this. DX79TO. I'll decide in the next day, my next move.

Irwin

idata
Community Manager

Duly noted. I'm thankful that there is an alternative that someone has offered. Intel is no help.