cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAhmi
Beginner

Which video cards are compatible with my MB

Hello to everyone.

Not so recently i posted here a question about my problem.

Now, my question is how i can know which video cards are compatible with my motherboard. Is there any list of video cards that will work properly on my PC.

My PC specs:

Intel DP55WG

i5 760 2.8 Ghz stock

HD 6870 PowerColor

Power supply: MS TECH 750W

I know it's a bit old components, but for my personal needs, it's done jobe perfectly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MAhmi
Beginner

Anyone???

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Unfortunately, it appears that Intel is not (or no longer) maintaining a compatibility list for boards this old. I was unable to find any information on their sites at all...

idata
Community Manager

MehoAhmic, maybe you can refer to a third-party website for this information, see this one http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Intel/Intel_DP55WG/505/Compatible_GPUs Intel DP55WG Mobo Compatible PC GPUs**

** The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Amy.

MAhmi
Beginner

I also found this site, but i can't take it 100% for guide, because the list of AMD GPUs is not full, i am now using HD 6870 PowerColor, but there is not listed this GPU.

Anyway, thank you.

idata
Community Manager

Sure, you're welcome.

Unfortunately, your motherboard is a legacy product, and the support for these is limited. You will have to rely on third-party websites for this type of information.

Regards,

Amy.