Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMitj
Beginner

Why SetupComm and ClearCommError Win32 API fails or returns invalid result with HS-UART driver for ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3512 device used in Apollo Lake processor for Windows 10 64 bits ?

Hello All,

I have a program to read/write serial COM devices. It works correctly with any COM ports and with USB-COM devices, but in this board using UartSub Device drivers, we have detected some problems in the next Win32 API methods that I use from Windows API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ms810467(v=msdn.10)):

• Problem 1: After opening correctly COM port I´m trying to call SetupComm(hCom, 1024, 1024); with valid handle returned but it fails with next error: SetupComm failed with error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
  • Problem 2: When calling ClearCommError(hCom, &dwErrorFlags, &ComStat) and check value returned in ComStat.cbInQue from COMSTAT struct, sometimes in cbInQue the devices is returning invalid values (83886080 bytes or -1460703136 bytes ...)

Any ideas or additional tests to do ? I found for new drivers but it seems this is the lastest.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Regards

Jorge

PS: I attached a picture with COM devices that apparently are installed correctly in Device Manager and we can open/close port correctly.

DeviceManager.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is a product support forum, not a developer support forum. Try asking this question over in the Intel Developer Zone forum.

...S

DScat
Beginner

Ok, I´m sorry I will try in the suggested forum. Thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Don't worry about apologizing; you didn't know. I wasn't trying to be abrupt either; you just aren't going to get the mindset you need from the folks in this forum (Intel or otherwise). I wish I could have moved your post over to that forum for you, but I am not sure that these forums are connected such that transfers can occur (and I don't have the privileges necessary regardless).

...S