Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBarb21
Beginner

Why is Intel holding up their middle finger to us loyal customers by pulling downloads for discontinued products?

We have clients using older Intel boards that are working fine but had a hard drive crash for example; Reloading Windows... need drivers. Can't download drivers because Intel removed them from the website!??!?

What this basically does is forcing us to get new hardware. Guess what? It won't be Intel! How can we continue buying Intel boards if they are going to screw us by removing access to drivers down the road?

This includes the NUC platform. Just wow Intel. Not good public relations.

There is no option for finding drivers for a discontinued board... is there?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MaryT_Intel
Community Manager

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your hard drive crash. Tell me what driver you need and I will see what I can do to get it for you.

I did some research on why we don't post old drivers and found that we have a bug-bounty out there so discontinued drivers (that have been updated for bugs, etc), are not posted online because we've already identified the bugs and fixed them or just updated for newer products.

I'll send you a private message so I can get the driver you need and then find/send it to you. Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager