Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PWert
Valued Contributor I

Why is there no HDMI video displayed when booting DH87MC?

System consists of: i5-4670, SSD series 530 systems disc, G.Skill memory F3-12800 CL9D-8GBXL, Seasonic X-650, Centrino Advanced=N6205 wireless adaptor, Visual Bios in Legacy mode and WIN7 HE.

On first boot into setup with a newly built system using HDMI, power light comes on, all fans spin, Intel Inside tone plays but no video display on ASUS VE 228H monitor with Mediabridge Ultra cable. Tried with ASUS VS 238H monitor and different Mediabridge Ultra cable and got the same result. After a number of unsuccessful attempts, I returned the board for a replacement.

The first boot into setup with the replacement board was a repeat of what was experienced with the old board. Being a little smarter, the next attempt to boot was with DVI. Video worked perfectly. O/S and all updates loaded, all Intel drivers and BIOS updates through 054 loaded. Now, with updated system, when I boot with HDMI cable there is no video until WIN7 starts.

I would appreciate any feedback that helps me correct this issue. Peter

Message was edited by: Peter Wertz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
EBrad2
Beginner

We had this issue a few months ago. If you press 'reset' the system will come up with a BIOS error as per the above post. Intel could not reproduce the problem. So you can either just sit and wait for the display to arrive - because sometimes it never does, or you can press 'reset' and go through the BIOS error then press 'n' and system will boot fine.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Peter, could you try another monitor? We have received comments from users having issues with the resolution supported on BIOS.

If you are using an HDMI monitor or HDTV that does not support a resolution of 1024x768, you cannot access the Intel® Visual BIOS Setup when pressing the F2 key.

PWert
Valued Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. I have tried with two different monitors, ASUS VE228H and ASUS VS238. Both have a native resolution of 1920 X 1080. The results described in the original post were achieved on both monitors.

PWert
Valued Contributor I

LizB - Wondering if you have any more insight into this problem? Do you have the revision # of the motherboard(s) you experienced problems with ( just the -xxx portion of the version # )? Thanks. Peter

EBrad2
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Sorry, but the customer has the system now so we are unable to do further testing. Also, because the customer has the system, I can't even give you the revision number on the board. We found though that the video didn't come up on VGA or DVI either, not just HDMI, and we tried multiple different monitors - including old fashioned 4:3 monitors too.

regards,

Liz

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Pwertz, could you please check the information given by the user Aleksandr on the following thread /thread/47507 https://communities.intel.com/thread/47507

" Hello worked fine. Only enabled Legacy Mode and UEFI mode on. Now show Intel Logo. You do not have to enable intergrated graohics, only enable Legacy Mode"

Please let me know if you could follow those steps and then provide me the results.

PWert
Valued Contributor I

Thank you for the reply Sylvia. I can not comply with your request because the motherboard has been returned to the vendor. Regards. Peter

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok I understand. Thanks any way.

dkuma29
Beginner

Hi All,

I got my newly configured PC on last Saturday(04/26) since then am experiencing a lot of problem with the DH87MC Mother Board because its NO HDMI Video while BOOTING after complete system power shutdown.

When I starts PC even after 1 hour from complete power shutown, the mobo starts with a beep(i guess its no video detected warning) and thereafter no visuals in my Samsung S23B370 screen. But the CPU fans everything seems to running. When I restarted PC by pressing CPU power button for about 10 seconds and switching it again - the mobo shoes an error message "BIOS HAD DETECTED AN UNSUCCESFUL POST ATTEMPT(S). Press 'Y' to enter setup or 'N' to continue normal.

I have a seen a lot of threads here asking similar kind of helps - without any successful answers.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

CaptainIND, have you tried all the troubleshooting giving on this thread?

Which the current BIOS version of the motherboard is?

Regarding the error you are getting, could you please try to access the BIOS and under the "Performance tab" please disable "Failsafe Watchdog", then reboot.

Let me know the results

dkuma29
Beginner

HI,

Thanks for your quick response. Hope you understood my pathetic situation.

I have updated the BIOS version and its now -

BIOS Version/DateIntel Corp. MCH8710H.86A.0154.2014.0123.1542, 1/23/2014

The processor is -

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Ram : Adata 4 GB. Model No: U-DIMM DDR3 1600 4GB.

SSD: Samsung MZ-7TE250BW

iBall Wireless Mouse, Logitech wired Keyboard and Samsung OCTOedge DVD writer.

I have disabled FAIL SAFE Watch dog as well, but no use.

Please help me.

dkuma29
Beginner

Hi Sylvia_Intel,

Also, I have switched on my audio device and am not getting "intel inside audio" and i noticed that there is no signals on keyboard as well. Usually after a successful BIOS load i can hear the intel inside audio and a LED glowing in Keyboard(the num lock LED will be glowing in case of success). But during the issue time, am NOT getting any audio nor keyboard LED notification.

Everyday am getting once or twice this problem.

I have updated the latest BIOS and Intel HD drivers.

dkuma29
Beginner

hi sylvia_intel ,

Am waiting for your response.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

CaptainIND, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this motherboard.

Which operating system are you using?

According to the processor information you gave us, it comes with HD Graphics 4400. I could recommend you uninstall the current graphics drivers and install them again. These drivers are for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 operating systems.

64 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3719&DwnldID=23714&ProductFamily=Grap... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3719&DwnldID=23714&ProductFamily=Grap...

32 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3719&DwnldID=23713&ProductFamily=Grap... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3719&DwnldID=23713&ProductFamily=Grap...

Have you tried using the DVI-I port just for testing?

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

You could also try to reinstall the latest BIOS.

dkuma29
Beginner

Hi sylvia_intel,

I had updated the BIOS again to the latest version - released on April 17 2014.

NO issues were found after that.

Two days back i bought a DVI-I to HDMI converter and i used it to connect DVI-I to my monitor, which accepts HDMI only.

Here, I found an issue again.

Usually after the first BIOS update the mobo took about 7sec to show INTEL Logo and intel insde sound.(It took only 1 sec when i used the mobo for the very first time ie with original BIOS). Both connected using HDMI to HDMI.

Now when i used DVI-I to HDMI converter the mobo now takes only 1 sec to load.

Kindly share me your thoughts - is that problem with HDMI port in my mobo or anything else..?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

The issues seem to be related to the DVI to HDMI converter you are using. We always recommend customers to use straight connection.

If the system works perfectly when using an HDMI to HDMI cable, I really don't think your board is defective.

dkuma29
Beginner

Hi,

Yesterday I got the issue again.

Could you please help me.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

CaptainIND, if you can find a DVI monitor so you can test the board using straight DVI connection will be wonderful. That is the only way to find out if the board is defective.

If it does not work, please contact our customer support department for additional information on replacing your product if it is still under warranty. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support