Officially this one is not supported:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915gux/sb/CS-026954.htm Intel® Desktop Board D915GUX — Supported Processors
But, since the just slower clocked brothers like the D346 are supported, I think that its at least worth a try with the latest bios.
Best regards from switzerland
In setting the processor to the motherboard all works well. But what happens next? I ask about the correctness. In "support" said, - "does not support". But they work!
Not supported is a wide field. It can mean something in between:
- Our database is not up-to-date, CPU will be detected correctly and everything works fine.
- CPU has just not been tested, will be detected correctly and everything works fine.
- CPU won't be detected correctly, but that might be just a cosmetically issue or some features don't work
- CPU won't be detected correctly and won't work stable
- CPU won't be detected and system does not start
- CPU won't be detected and CPU will be destroyed.
- CPU does not fit mechanically
I think in your case one of the first three cases might be right ;-)
Thank you. I also adhere to this opinion. This motherboard supports Intel® Pentium® 4 540 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB and above. Why it does not support Intel® Celeron® D 351?
But here's the answer support groups:
Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
I understand that you would like to know if the Intel® Desktop Board
D915GUX will support the Intel® Celeron® D 351
You can check the complete list of compatible processors for the
Intel(R) DESKTOP BOARD D915GUX here:
From the previous list you will notice that the fastest Intel(R) Celeron
processor is the 346 and currently the Intel® Celeron® D 351 is not
Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further
Why so? The big question.