I cannot install Windows 10 Pro on a new WD HDD because it asks for a device driver and I do not know where to find it; I tried the Drivers on the Win.setup stick but none worked; the new HDD seems to work but still it is not visible,shown as a target where to copy a System Image from an external HDD.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Is this actually a HDD? Or is it perhaps a M.2 NVMe SSD? If the latter, you must be booting using UEFI Boot if you want it to work.
To help us understand your hardware, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.
1. I suggest you to reinstall Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install version 2004. Use this installation USB instead of the one you have.
3. UEFI boot should be enabled in BIOS.
4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your computer.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 8 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought or click on the "I don't have a product key" and Windows will be reactivated automatically, if it was activated on this computer, or, you may activate it later.
8. Skip on para. 13 and continue in para. 14. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.