After a _lot_ of fighting to try and get Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 64-bit install on a system with an Intel Desktop Board DX79SR with i7-3970x I finally managed to do so.
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.
- /thread/109296 Windows 10 DX79SR Raid (thread 109296)
- /thread/83709 Problems with intel (sic) DX79sr running windows (sic) 10/thread/83709 (thread 83709)
Neither post is available for comment thus this one.
What finally worked:
- Set up RAID in RSTe (CTRL+I)
- Set BIOS Boot Mode to UEFI
- Plug in ISO mount type enclosure with Win10 ISO mounted (we use StarTech S2510BU3ISO)
- NOTE: I had to use the USB2 ports as the USB3 ports did not power the enclosure during boot
- F10 during POST
- Choose DVDROM - UEFI (name may vary)
- Click through and choose ADVANCED Setup
- Click on the RAID array logical disk for the OS
- NOTE: If any MBR partitions exist they need to be cleaned prior to this step
- Use DiskPart in Repair --> CMD
- Click NEXT
That should do it!
Neither your board or processor are supported on Windows 10:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Desktop Boards
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10