Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Windows 7 (32 bit) upgrade on DG33TL

I have upgraded my DG33TL to Windows 7 32 bit. Everything seems fine, with two exceptions:

1. The audio drivers will not recognize a microphone plugged into the front panel, though the front panel headphone jack does work.

In attempting to address this I updated the chipset drivers, but for the audio sytems the "Intel Driver Update Utility" reports that, "An Intel device was detected but your operating system is not supported by this utility."

2. I have downloaded the latest driver for my Samsung SyncMaster 906 BW monitor and it works fine with I boot from, but if the system wakes from sleep mode, it forgets all about the SyncMaster, loses the optimum resolution settings (1440 x 900) and reverts to a "Generic non-PnP monitor" (1280 x 960). Would installing a pci express video card help, or would I still have the same problem?

Any ideas?

Roger

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

your board is unsupported on win7, you should have checked that first, sorry.

simply don't use the sleep mode and the front panel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I did check and knew that an out of production board wouldn't have passed "Windows 7 Logo" test. However according to the following link (http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm) the DG33TL will be supported for "drivers only," They still don't seem to have supported the audio drivers, and I am not sure what the video problem might be.

Anyway I needed to move off of XP for other reasons, and if absolutely necessary will upgrade from the DG33TL, but would prefer to be able to reuse my Core 2 Duo processor and DDR2 RAM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

well, you should upgrade. get a ddr2 board like the DP43TF or DG45ID - not really expensive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Okay, I have had success on the front panel audio. I downloaded the Vista 32 driver (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13706&lang=eng Audio: IDT* 92XX Driver) and both Headphones and microphone work fine on the front panel.

Unfortunately even with the Window 7 Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, the system reverts to a generic non-PNP monitor and loses the optimum resolution settings for the SyncMaster 906BW.

A little progress at least.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Bump!

I have solved the audio problem, as noted, but even with the Window 7 Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, the system reverts to a generic non-PNP monitor and loses the optimum resolution settings for the SyncMaster 906BW, when it wakes from sleep mode.

any ideas?.

Highlighted
Community Manager

in bios setup, putting the ACPI mode to S1 (default is S3) doesn't allow the computer to go into full sleep mode, but it when it awakes, it hasn't completely forgotten about the monitor's optimum resolution settings.

0 Kudos